Spammers at MC...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes we can, I've been stopped, so you'll be stopped as well.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It appears we're having a problem with multiple screennames by the same user. When someone makes that announcement in the future please notify them: "Sock puppet screennames are not allowed on the message boards as it creates a negative response from other members who are here for fun, not politics or post-counts, so it is best to stick with one screenname or the liklihood of being banned exists."

That is not official, except by my moderating standards. The reason: It has caused problems in the past.

Now, currently we are being barraged by former members of MC who are attacking the message boards. I'll be doing what I can to stop that, but if you can please post links to profiles and posts here when people like "blankuser" makes themselves known I would appreciate it. Do not call anyone by name, please.

blankuser is banned, by the way.

Thanks for the help, gang.
kev

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... There's a thread kind of what you're saying Kev, "Do You Remember Me?" in the Friends & Family section.
Kimp already posted something to the effect of your message, though in his own inimitable mannerism.
The user who started that thread isn't a bad apple, she's just gone through multiple names/accounts. Not sure if this is what you want us to report, but I hope she's set straight and allowed to stay on so long as she behaves herself.

That's all rully, thanks for beefing up security round these parts.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*points to the post above*

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/member.php?u=9170

This guy...big trouble...

Also, I wanted to point out for the record that the reason that I have been responding to him in many of his threads in some way or rather is not because I am trying to cause more trouble, but rather I know any of the members of this board are younger and may be freaked by this attacker here and I wanted to combat the fire with a little light levity.

Beau

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Is this member DOWNWITHMC (how imaginative :rolleyes: ) the same member who started his own Muppet forum and posted several times wanting people to join? Let's hope he doesn't have the same problems on his forum. :big_grin:

P.S. Not that I would advocate anything bad :crazy: but Muppet Central is like family and you don't mess with family.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... He apparently is the same member/person.
Don't know what made this guy snap though. He was just quietly drumming up publicity/membership for his own place... And all of a sudden, this explosion last evening.

Phillip, if you're reading this, something needs to be done to stem the tide against this person and his multiple accounts.

wes

Reaction score
This Jokers is totally Juvenile, He's probally 15-21 years of age who gets their gollys from hacking stuff like this, spending time doing this when he could be sleeping making money or doing something constructive!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, it has been sorted. Phil deleted all the posts by the user, and I wanted to thank Bear, Ilikemuppets, Barry Lee and Puppetise for the way they reacted this morning. It was commendable in the face of adversary. See you around guys.