Spammers at MC...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Got rid of the one ShoeFairy reported and a few others. Actually, the one ShoeFairy reported is one of the continuous spammers, this one originally known as bradon. That person tried creating some multiple duplicate accounts last night, substituting all their personal information with 1980, instead of 1 as is their usual MO. Upid-stay erk-jay. :grouchy:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It amazes me the way the spammers keep filling in their application so crazily. :confused:

No wonder they get themselves busted so quickly. They really are stupid indeed. :stick_out_tongue:

CrazyHarryFan

Reaction score
On another forum I'm a member of, you have to post in one very specific forum area first - then you can post elsewhere. I don't know the technical term, but it makes it easier to spot the fakers, spammers, and that kind of stuff.

Is it possible to limit newbies to only one section first, then after they prove they are legit, they can post elsewhere?

Seems logical. And anyone unwilling to do it would raise a few common sense flags!

:smile: Just a thought since I'm new! :coy:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, we have something similar in place here. Any new members' posts will be invisible except to moderators until approved. This will keep happening until a person gets to the small sample number of posts needed to show they're a legit member. After reaching that minimal total, their posts are visible for all to see. That helps cut down on the spam and why you see less of it on the boards, mostly because a mod has worked behind the scenes deleting the unwanted messages.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, we have something similar in place here. Any new members' posts will be invisible except to moderators until approved. This will keep happening until a person gets to the small sample number of posts needed to show they're a legit member. After reaching that minimal total, their posts are visible for all to see. That helps cut down on the spam and why you see less of it on the boards, mostly because a mod has worked behind the scenes deleting the unwanted messages.
I remember that :frown:. It really was hard waiting:cry:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
True... But it has proved to be a wery useful tool for us mods. *Huggles for Becky.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I think I must have joined before it was introduced because I don't recall experiencing it.

But I'm delighted it is now helping our mods do their job of protecting the forum. :smile:

Have a few more hugs Becky. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Awww..Thank you :frown:. I just felt really shut out and alone, most of all not being able to be heard when I posted something. At first I thought it was just for me and that I had been labeled The Evil Fraggle Girl or something :frown:

CrazyHarryFan

Reaction score
Congrats - that makes 4000 posts even for you Red!

Awww..Thank you :frown:. I just felt really shut out and alone, most of all not being able to be heard when I posted something. At first I thought it was just for me and that I had been labeled The Evil Fraggle Girl or something :frown: