do you listen to audio commentary first?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Whenever you buy or rent a DVD that has audio commentary, do you listen to the commentary first or do you waxth the movie without commentary first?

I normally listen to it after watching the movie. If I haven't seen the program on DVD, I don't listen to commentary first. If I have already seen it, then I watch with commentary on.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
lol, I dont think I have ever done that. I do watch it with the "extras" that pop up with info to read during the movie (I recomend the ones on Back To The Future)

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I personally end up watching the movie first,then the commentary.Did this actually today whilst viewing 'Sideways'.:smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No I don't. I never can find good enough commentary...the one on Finding Nemo, they talk TOO much, and the one on Kermit's Swamp Years, they don't talk enough, but the one on The Cat in the Hat is a great one!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I used to listen to audio commentaries alot but Theres just so many DVDs now with multiple commentaries so it makes it even harder to get time to listen to them all.

That Announcer

Reaction score
I'll be honest: if I've seen the film before and it's a new DVD, I listen to the commentary first. From my experience, the best commentaries are those on Robert Rodriguez DVDs; the ones with film producer Don Hahn on movies like "The Haunted Mansion" and "Beauty and the Beast" are a close second. I also liked the A/V commentary on "Finding Nemo" (Bob Peterson is hilarious); the commentary on "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" with the five golden ticket winners at 35 and the animators' commentary on "Aladdin".