Last Book you Read Thread

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well the last book, I totally finished reading was "The Death Of WCW", which is about a huge wrestling company that look like it was going to become the biggest wrestling company in history, only to go down with a mix of bad mangement and bad decisions.

At the moment, I'm reading a book titled "Nine Lives", it's about a woman that has nine jobs in a year. It's an old book I found in "Goodwill" and I was just looking for something to read. She's been a roadie for the rock band "Skid Row", a stripper, a school teacher and many other things. So far it seems interesting.

Brinatello

Reaction score
I don't know why, but I recently flipped through an old grade school type book called "Alone in the House" by Edmund Plante. We really need to go through our books and decide what goes and what stays. :rolleyes:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Last book I read? That would be "The Samurai's Daughter," a murder mystery by Sujata Massey. Good book.

I've actually read it a few times; the last time I read it was this afternoon. I love mysteries more than any other type of fiction.

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
The newest Jim Henson biography. It was okay. Jim Henson:The Works is still the best one.

wes

Reaction score
Has Anyone pre-order Kevin Clash's Book, it's on selves today i can wait to read it. I hope it is as good as Carroll Spinney book!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Last book I read was Chris Lemmon's memoir Twist of Lemmon.I hope to next read either: Dune(once again) or C.S. Haviland's Faith and Faeries.

Kiki

Reaction score
DanDanStrawberry said:
Last book I read was "The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, aged 13 and 3/4" by Sue Townsend, it was a jolly fab read as it turns out. I intend to read the sequel when I find it.
Yeah, I enjoyed that book, too. Pretty funny.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Here's my latest volume of Condensed Books

The Copper Beech by Maeve Binchy
In a town like Shancarrig where everyone, from Father Gunn to pub owner Johnny Finn, knows everyone else's business, it seems there can't be any surprises. After all, life is so predictable.
Or is it? Who would suspect the local schoolteacher, Maddie Ross, of harbouring a secret and forbidden passion? Who would believe that Richard Hayes, the handsome heartbreaker, would finally fall in love? And who would guess the truth about the mysterious tragedy that casts a shadow over Leo Murphy's life? And what about the identity of Eddie Barton's new-found Scottish penfriend...
In her superb new novel, Maeve Binchy weaves together the individual stories of the people of Shancarrig, proving above all that there are extraordinary tales to be found everywhere-if only you know where to look and how to listen.

The Ice by Louis Charbonneau
They call it simply the Ice. To those who know Antarctica, that's the only name needed to describe the frozen continent at the bottom of the world.
Yet to this harsh, forbidding place people still come: people like ornithologist Kathy McNeely, who is determined to track down the source of a mysterious oil spill; people like adventurer Brian Hurley, out to find gold and glory in a two-thousand kilometre dogsled run.
Then there are the men from TERCO, the giant energy conglomerate.
Their boss has his own secret plans for the Ice. And heaven help anyone who gets in his way.

Mrs.Washington and Horowitz, Too by Henry Denker
There are two things a crusty old curmudgeon like Samuel Horowitz does not need: widows and babies. In that order. But Horowitz's former nurse and guardian angel, Mrs. Harriet Washington, knows that Horowitz is feeling lonely and useless.
And widows and babies might be just the thing to bring him back to his old self.
Now all she has to do is convince Samuel Horowitz!

All Around the Town by Mary Higgins Clark
Laurie Kenyon had put her past behind her. The bad people who hurt her were gone. The pain was buried forever. She had forgotten it ever happened... Or so she thought. But Laurie is about to learn that the past can be a dangerous thing. It can come back to haunt you. Sometimes it can kill.
Mary Higgins Clark at her breathtaking best.

I've come to really enjoy these special condensed anthologies. I'm into my next one right now. :big_grin:

Beebers

Reaction score
I loved Copper Beech, love Binchy's work generally. Just finished DaVinci Code and am in the middle of Driving Through Cuba, by Carlos Gebler, a British citizen. It's a diaristic account of a three-month car trip he took east to west through Cuba and the insane experience it turned out to be. (Traveling, and just trying to live each day in any Communist country is primitive at best and harrowing at worst.) Excellent book.

:cool: