Last Book you Read Thread

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
I'm reading Treasure Island, and at some points I ask myself... "Where's Mr Bimbo?" Kidding!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm stillr eading Kevin's wonderful book. His and Caroll's were so inspiring, I started my own memoir which I'll keep writing until I'm grown up.

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
I'm also rereading the guide for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon... repeatedly.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Just last night I got done reading Kevin Clash's book "My Life as a Furry Red Monster": "What Being Elmo has taught me about Life, Love and Laughing out Loud."

It's a good read, although I would of like it more if he talked about his other Muppet characters he has performed (Hoots, Clifford, Leon and so on). Plus it would of been even way better if he had pictures with both him as a young inspringing puppeteer, and pictures with him and his Muppet characters. But overall it's a great book. As someone who is an inspringing puppeteer himself, it a really good book to read.

Also that book I was reading before titled "Nine Lives", I've pretty much drop that for Kevin's book. That book just wasn't really grabing my attention. Sorry to say, :wink: :smile: .

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Here's my latest condensed books

Decider by Dick Francis
It began at the open ditch jump in the fourth race.
Sudden chaos-then tragedy.
Now a series of disastrous incidents is plaguing the Stratton racecourse.
And the chief suspects are the Strattons themselves, a powerful family caught in a complex tangle of intrigue and blackmail. Architect Lee Morris is fighting hard to save this grand old racecourse from further catastrophe. But can he save it-and himself-from the sinister Strattons?

Remember me by Mary Higgins Clark
A sweet new baby, a month-long vacation in an intriguing old house on Cape Cod-for Menley Nichols there could hardly be a more perfect tonic as she struggles to recover from a terrible tragedy.
Yet the old house seems alive with memories and dark secrets from the past-odd noises in the night, a sense of something...or someone...
But surely Menley is only imagining things. For what harm could possibly befall her in such a wonderful place?

Point of Impact by Stephen Hunter
Bob Lee Swagger is a hero and a patriot-and the best sniper to come out of the jungles of Veitnam. But he's sworn he will never kill again.
Then a mysterious government agency convinces him to use his skill with a rifle one more time. It's a chance to settle an old score, a chance Swagger can't resist.
Suddenly Bob Lee Swagger isn't a hero anymore.

And the Violins stopped Playing by Alexander Ramati
When the Nazis occupied Poland, the Gypsies thought they were safe: they played music for the conquerors and told their fortunes, as Gypsies had done for generations.
But Dymitr Mirga soon realized the Germans had sinister plans for his people.
Their only hope was to escape over the mountains to unoccupied Hungary. But the elders would not listen to his warnings...

Another 4 great stories :smile:

furryredmonster

Reaction score
I finished the book Glorious Appearing by Tim Lahaye and Jerry B. Jenkins a few days ago, which finishes that series.
I'm not sure what I want to read next.

RevTieDye

Reaction score
I can't stand how long since I've read a book for pleasure. Too busy. Aside from the Bible, I was last working my way through Asimov's Robots/Foundation Saga (the whole 20+ book storyline, story-chronologically, due to my obsessively linear mind.)

Also, working on Solaris by Stanisalw Lem. Man, didn't realize I was in such a Sci-Fi Rut.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I read the opening to: The End by Lemony Snicket,and Abundance at work.Also,started Faith and Fairies by C.S. Haviland.

The last book I read all the way through was X-Men 3: The Last Stand.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot lately and spending some pretty big money on books about building puppets/performing puppets/ puppeteers/ puppetery, right now I have seven about that subject that very near and dear to my heart, with the book entitled "The Foam Book" on the way.

The last book I've read all though was "It's Not East Being Green and Other Things to Consider" filled with quotes from Jim Henson, the Muppets and others.

I found many of the quotes to be uplifting, it's a book that I will treasure for many years to come. Jim Henson is my idol in life and I try to learn from him as well as about him.