Quote from Boober about depression

BabyBeanBunny

Reaction score
My favorite Boober quote happens to be from "Dixie Whailin'" but there's a quote that's been plaguing me for quite some time now. It's when he's talking about Gobo after Gobo developed a case of "depression". What was it he said exactly, when he said something about "taking an entire lifetime" to get that depressed? I only remember snippets.

I know I could put the episode in, but I have a hard time catching the entire context of it all. And then I'd wind up watching the entire season again. LOL!

Thanks for the help.

Baby Bean Bunny

Frags

Reaction score
Nothing wrong at all with watching the whole season - but, to make life easier, I'll let you in on the secret. Righty-ho - you're thinking of 'Gobo's Discovery' - and there's two quite cool quotes from Boober when he's referring to Gobo's state of depression - hope they help:

1 - Boober: I've got to hand it to Gobo - that is one stunning depression; Miserable with just the right amount of torment!

2 - Mokey: He's so depressed. So dejected!
Boober: But he's so good at it! Gobo has achieved, in a matter of moments a rechedness it has taken me a life-time to perfect!

BabyBeanBunny

Reaction score
Thanks so much! I think Boober has become my favorite Fraggle. For the longest time I loved Mokey, but there's just something about Boober that wins my heart.

BabyBeanBunny

Frags

Reaction score
Ahh - everyone loves Boober - he has a sparkle to him that nobody else quite has - he's my favourite too.

Xela

Reaction score
Me three...he says the funniest things. :smirk: (The Gobo smiliey...because there is no Boober...)

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
Boober is awesome, angsty little flerf that he is.

I really got a kick out of Sidebottom though! :wink:

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Oh sweet! Has this now become the Boober appreciation thread? Because Boober is not just my favourite Fraggle, he's my favourite Muppet! EVAR! Is it wrong to have a crush on a foam puppet? Cuz if so then I don't want to be right!

And I find it surprising that on these very boards Boober seems to be the most poopular Fraggle. Whenever I talk to my friends about Fraggle Rock they all say they liked Wembley the best. I dunno, maybe it's because we're HARDCORE fans and they only remember it from their childhood. We can clearly see that Boober rocks the proverbial casbah. *le sigh* I love you guys. <3

Emosewa

Reaction score
Everyone loves Boober, even me! ^_^ Of course he's also the easiest to draw ^_- (no eyes and all..) Besides he's our loveable tragic fraggle. And he sports the cutest lil hat and scarf (sometimes looks like a tie) ensemble. ^_^ Is there any reason NOT to like him?

Though I admit in my younger days I did like Wembley more ^_^ Guess cause my sister and brother compared me to him mostly for some reason.. (You know how it is, if you have siblings and watch stuff, they always take a character as their own personification .. or something like that. :smirk: )

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Emosewa said:
And he sports the cutest lil hat and scarf (sometimes looks like a tie) ensemble. ^_^
Alright, now I have gotten into many a debate over this issue. Do you really think it's a scarf? Cuz ya see, I've always seen it as a tie. It just looks more like a tie. It seems too thin to be a scarf, and as it looks more to be a fashion choice as opposed to serving the purpose of warmth I believe it to be a tie.

... I think sometimes I may be just a leettle too obsessed with the small stuff. XD

Emosewa

Reaction score
I honestly think sometimes it looks more scarfish. But other times the way its tied, ect.. It looks more obviously like a tie. So I say its either ^_^.