Fraggle Rock film in development

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow, this has been a great week of news for Fraggle fans! First, we're getting our Mokey and second a new movie!!! I hope that it will be well done, but I will see it no matter what! I'm excited!

ftnpro

Reaction score
I think Fraggle Rock is the best thing the Muppets have ever done, but this Fraggle movie worries me. The TV show happened at a perfect moment when everything was in place: great writers, songwriters and performers came together, and Jim Henson was around to guide things in the right direction. Without Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, and many others in the mix, who's going to guide this project?

Apparently, the Henson company's plan for making money is to do a sequel to each of Jim Henson's '80s projects, like the Fraggles and Dark Crystal. The great thing about puppets is that they don't look 20 years older when you dust them off for a new movie. But the perfect moment of Fraggle Rock was a long time ago.

Of course, if they manage to do a good job on the Fraggle movie... I'll be thrilled!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

OMG WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! in the words of Gonzo: "This is so cool" :smile: :excited: Great news! :excited:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I can't wait. I'm going to explode with candy and strimmers and confetii all around. I would love to see this and if it happens I hope by that time I'll have a girlfriend and she can come and see it with me hoping she don't freak out becasue we're seeing a kids movie but with time maybe I'll find the right one. Come on Fraggle Five and get this done so we can see it SOON! :excited: :smirk:

(PS they better have some good new and old songs in this movie and I want them to do some cool merindice for this movie too)

luvtosr

Reaction score
If they do a proper job on it then YAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

And I do wonder, will they bother going to the trouble of making the different versions as they did with the show?

Allahandria

Reaction score
Well, I think this project is awesome for a number of reasons.

1. It probably secures us at least a Season 2 and maybe 3 DVD release. With an upcoming movie I'm sure that Hit will want to profit from it.

2. New fraggle film time!

3. New Fraggle STUFF!

I don't think that the sexuality thing will really be an issue. The muppets ALWAYS made sort of dirty jokes (you have seen the muppet show, right?) They weren't very strong dirty jokes, but for the 70s and 80s and for the fact that they were puppets they were still vaguely adult.

It's hard to gauge how far is too far today. I think that the muppet writers are trying to push the envelope about as far as they used to, but really how far is that in the day of Sex and the City anyway? (not that I don't like the show, cause I do, but it's a fair example of what people are willing to put up with so long as there are good stories too.)

The Fraggles never really did that. The Fraggles didn't have dirty jokes to begin with. They did "push the envelope" in other ways, like using big words and openly discussing death, disease, and some philosophical issues.

Providing this isn't just one big Uncle Matt extravaganza, I'll probably be happy. Even as a kid I wasn't really amused by his misunderstanding of the "silly creature" world when in other Fraggle songs they used "human being" and other human words quite liberally. :smile: In any case, getting new kids to start watching Fraggle Rock is good. I don't think there's ever been a show made quite like it.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Here's my thoughts:

AWOWAHHHWOWWOWOWO!

Here's my other thoughts:

The "outer Space" story lie sounds great, but so long as it centers on the fraggles, and not a little girl with two front teeth and a huge hair-style who hppens to believe in them (Womble's Movie anyone?). Also, it MUST have sprocket, lots of Sprocket. I'd be happy witha Sporket movie. And if they dream of replacing him with a real dog I will refuse to see the movie.

Trash-heap must have screen time. She's so darn hilarious, and her puppet is really amazing.

It would be great if they had a Junior Gorg aspect to the film, maybe something about how the Gorgs are connected to teh real world (i.e. the Crown in the woods thing Controversy).

Dispite what people say, I would loooove for a pairing off of the Fraggles. Red and Gobo. Definatly. Imagine Gobo and Red's kids, folks!

Hopefully Gobo and Red will be the main charcters, (with Sprocket), and then Mokey will have a large-ish part, and then Wembly and Boober less so.

About Cantus. and the minstrels, am I the only one who would want them in this movie? Recast, of coruse, or relooped from old tv seres lines for him done by Jim. Either way he is too cool to miss out on.

That is all.

Bea:zany:{Freekng excited}regard

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Steve and Dave can do Philo and Gunge. They used to back on the show when Richard wasnt around, and then Richard would loop the voice... But seriously even to me I couldnt recognise that it was Steve sometimes!

I dont think Id want anyone taking over Junior Gorg... It just would not be the same without Richard.

Also, I dont want no one taking over Cantus. Seeing as Jim cant perform Cantus, lets just bring in a new Minstrel. Call him Nelson Minstrel and have him just have Jerry Nelson's normal voice. I dont think that there is anyone else more fitting at this point in time.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, they certainly can't make a film with no Junior...so unless they dub him with lines from the old show, not sure how it would work if he wasn't recast.

EleganceLiberty

Reaction score
Gobo/Red? Ick... I dunno, that to me feels really... incestual.

Besides, can't a guy and girl be platonic friends without having to like, ya'know, be boyfriend/girlfriend? =/