Fraggle Rock film in development

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
I would like to send an email to The Jim Henson Co, are there any questions you want asked? If I get a reply I'll post it here.

nickmetroid

Reaction score
Muppet Matt said:
I would like to send an email to the Jim Henson Co, are there any questions you want asked? If I get a reply I'll post it here.
Yeah I have one.

"I'm not sure if you know but in 2007 (same year FR is planned to be released) there are also some old shows from the 80's getting released as a movie in the same year, including some big names like Transformers, Ninja Turtles and He-man. Did the news of these releases influence your decision to make the Fraggle Rock movie for a 2007 release? and if Fraggle Rock is made into a theter production how will you compete with FR's old rivals from the past?"

D

Dil

Here's my wish of what would happen in hte Fraggle Rock Movie:

While Gobo, Mokey, Wembley, Boober, & Red are in "Outer Space", they would find a hidden tunnel, and while entering, Gobo finds a letter from Uncle Travelling Matt. It says that the gang are about to challenge with the Frackles (Globo, Pokie, Rembley, Thoober, & Dread), the Froggers (Kobo, Crokey, Gembley, Bloober, & Gread), & the Flaggos (Lobo, Zokie, Kembley, Noober, & Fled). In the secret cave, the Fraggle Five find a gameshow of dangerous sports. The host is a worm. As Gobo tells the worm, "What's going on in here in outer space?" then the worm replies, "That's rediculous, this doesn't look like outer space. No one would really believe this is outer space."
During the game, the Fraggles face off with the Frackles, the Froggers, and the Flaggos. First, the Fraggles are losing, but they try harder, and of course in the end Gobo, Mokey, Wembley, Boober, & Red wins. See if you could use more descriptions about my idea.
And tell moi... what do you think?

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
I'm not a big expert on fraggle rock, so I have to ask- Who are the Frackles, Froggers, and Flaggos? What episodes did they appear in?

CoOKiE

Reaction score
uh maybe they're made up? If not, please tell us about them :smirk:

Beauregard

Reaction score
They are made up. Definatly. Though Frackles were on the Mupept Show.

For myself, the last thing I'd like to see is a dangerous sports show with the Fraggles...my ideal storyline would be either them going into Outer Space and being trapped there, or something that was going to destroy all of Fraggle Rock and every inhabitent including the Doozers and Gorgs. Like, a virus of sorts.

D

Dil

The Frackle Five in my idea post are Frackle version of the Fraggle Five.
The Frogger Five are frog version of the Fraggle Five.
The Flaggos Five are flag version of the Fraggle Five.
All 3 teams (besides the Fraggles) also sound just like the Fraggle Five.
The host worm's name is Harry Danger.
These new characters might debut in this movie. I know that none of them appear in any Fraggle Rock episodes. So they are new characters, you know.
I would like it if the Fraggles are playing a Dangerous Stunt Show underground instead of being trapped. One of the dangerous sports would be a game in REAL outer space, which the Fraggles would call "Outer Outer Space". The Frackles are tough, as so are the Froggers and the Flaggos. The Fraggles are losing for a while, until they try harder in the next half. And of course, the Fraggles win. That would be a better thing to happen at the Fraggle Rock for me. My name for the movie would be "The Great Fraggle Stunt Show".

D

Dil

Here's the puppets for the Frackle Five:

Globo: Gloat (purple hair, vest)
Pokie: Cigar Box Frackle (yellow hair, robe)
Rembley: Snake Frackle (hat, T-shirt)
Thoober: Miss Kitty (sunglasses, jacket)
Dread: Red Boppity (bow-tie, karate robe)

I changed my mind about that worm. The host of the Dangerous Sport game, which I call "Underground Showdown", is Lewis Kazagger, the host of Muppet Sports. Here's his introduction line about the team contestants:

LEWIS: "Hello there, sport fans. This is Lewis Kazagger welcoming you to "Underground Showdown", a WILD stunt show, where contestants must win some dangerous sports. Winners win a golden radish!"

BOOBER: "GASP! Oh yes!"

LEWIS: "Losers just get a Gorg doll."

BOOBER: "GASP! Oh no!"

LEWIS: "Yes, and let's meet our first constestants, the Fraggles. .. Fraggles? Uh-huh. So... Fraggles... can you please tell us your names, please?"

GOBO: "Uh, Gobo..."

MOKEY: "Mokey..."

WEMBLEY: "Wembley..."

BOOBER: "Boober..."

RED: "And Red."

LEWIS: "Alright, they're Gobo, Mokey, Wembley, Boober, and Red, from Fraggle Rock?"

GOBO: "That's right, sir."

LEWIS: "And what's your hobbie?"

GOBO: "Every day, I find a postcard from my uncle in some workshop here in this strange world."

MOKEY: "I like to write poems, especially at nighttime, and pick up radishes from a garden."

WEMBLEY: "I like to hang around with Gobo."

BOOBER: "Laundry and Radishes."

RED: "And I like to have fun in Fraggle Rock."

LEWIS: "Alright now, Fraggles, you are about to meet & come face to face with the Frackles..."

GLOBO: "Known as Globo..."

POKIE: "Pokie..."

REMBLEY: "Rembley..."

THOOBER: "Thoober..."

DREAD: "And Dread."

LEWIS: "The Froggers..."

KOBO: "Known as Kobo..."

CROKEY: "Crokey..."

GEMBLEY: "Gembley..."

BLOOBER: "Bloober..."

WEAD: "And Wead."

LEWIS: "And the Flaggos."

LOBO: "Known as Lobo..."

ZOKIE: "Zokie..."

KEMBLEY: "Kembley..."

NOOBER: "Noober..."

FLED: "And Fled."

MOKEY: "They look & sound like US!?"

GOBO: "They must be related to us."

WEMBLEY: "Maybe they came from their own underground place, or they must be the star of their own underground place."

BOOBER: "This is your unlucky day, guys."

RED: "There's NO way I'm gonna lose, I'm gonna beat those Frackles up! Hu Hu Hu Hu HU!"

LEWIS: "OK then, are we ready for another dangerous moment?"

(The audience cheers.)

GOBO: "Oh boy, here we go..."

What do you think of this? I think this is would be a great idea for making the Fraggle Rock film.