~ Muppet Musique ~ (Updates)

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
I think you're doing the right thing by keeping the page up. As they said on the TP forum, it was, after all, a public memorial. None of us who visit Muppet Musique would ever exploit the service and it was such a cathartic experience for all of us to listen to it...

So thank you, again.

Ooh and I'm excited for more Fraggle and Muppet songs!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I thought your collection of music tracks from the Fraggle Rock series was complete Sylinde. You mean you've dragged up more from somewhere? Well that is exciting. Can't wait. :big_grin:

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
I thought your collection of music tracks from the Fraggle Rock series was complete Sylinde. You mean you've dragged up more from somewhere? Well that is exciting. Can't wait. :big_grin:
Hmm, nope. :smile: I've got 4 official Fraggle Rock recordings to add plus I intend to replace the Season 1 and Season 2 songs with higher-quality versions taken direct from the DVD box sets. :wink:

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Sylinde, That's great!
I've just listend to the track from the memorial service of Bring Him Home. - It's the first time I've read anywhere of Louise singing that song at the memorial service. But it so clearly is her singing! Even if you hadn't labelled it, I've recognised her at once.

RedBoobergurl commented that they'd never heard Louise Gold sing like that before. - Well actually, while Louise is maybe singing in a manner that sounds unusual compared to a lot of her Muppet performances. She's actually singing at what I think is her most natural. It's noticable she's using her own normal accent. It's like she's not trying to be a particular character. In a way her manner of doing this song is very like when she's doing stuff in her cabaret act. She's singing more or less as herself. Then this was a live piece, whereas so much of her Muppet stuff is in a recording studio, it might make a difference as to how she handles it vocally. Using the raw power of her big belt voice, and then going soft and tender at the very end. Although I have heard things where she's used her voice a bit like that on recordings (well when she sang at the end of a radio play 'Into Exile' she sang rather like that - but then it fitted the character she was being).

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
It's amazing to hear Jim Henson's memorial service. Like so many of us on here, I grew up watching Jim's creations on TV and listening to the Muppet records and I almost felt as if I knew him. Listening to the memorial, even tho it's 17 years on, it makes me feel like I am part of it somehow.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I think i know which one your refuring too. Is it called "Hugga Wagga?" One (like you said) blows smoke and then the other one would sing "My only Sunshine" song. Is that the one your thinking of?

Trollheart

Reaction score
That does sound familiar, but all I can really remember is the monsters popping up out of craters going "Muggatrop!" Could be it though; I'll have a look around for that.
Thx!
TH

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Trollheart and welcome to MC. Actually, based on your description of the sketch, I'd have to disagree with Kyle's suggestion. It's a good guess, but going by your description, I'd say you're thinking more of the sketch with the Merdlidops from the Dom DeLouise TMS episode.

Dom plays the role of an astronaut who's just arrived on the surface of Planet Koozbane. The Merdlidops pop out of their holes with a systematic steam whistle and cry "Merdlidop!" before going back down. Intrigued by the critters, Dom sets about to investigate the matter. These aliens have fun with him, steaming him, and even stealing his watch. When Dom attempts to retrieve his timepiece, he gets grabbed himself when grabbing one of the Merdlidops, to the point he gets sucked down the hole and becomes another member of the workcrew, his head emerging from one of the craters instead.
This episode is part of Season 2 and will be included in the TMS Season 2 DVD box set released later this year in August.

Additionally, Palisades Toys (makers of the great Muppets line of action figures) released a figure of Koozbane Kermit, Kermit in his reporter's trenchcoat only. This figure included a Planet Koozbane base with two Merdlidops sculpted and painted as part of the set, as non-removable non-articulated PVC figures.

Hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums.

Trollheart

Reaction score
Thanx Count!
Yes, that sounds much more like it: in fact, I'm sure it is.
I also checked out a clip of the other one, and knew right away it wasn't the one I was looking for. Now that you mention Dom DeLuise, I can see him in the sketch, so I'm pretty sure that's the one.
Now all I need is to find it somewhere...!
Thx for your help (and very quickly, too!)! :smile:
TH