~ Muppet Musique ~ (Updates)

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Before we all give in to paranoia...

I would just like to ask where all of you are getting your "evidence" that Sylinde's music site was shut down by "they" or some other anonymous third party. There's nothing on her base site that explains why, no posts in any of her journals about it, nothing mentioned here or at Tough Pigs. If Sylinde had been asked/told to take down her music, don't you think she would have let us know when she did so? After all, she told us when some of the Tough Pigs crowd was giving her flack for uploading the Jim Henson memorial and she was debating taking those tracks down.

As I've said before, it takes a lot of time and effort to maintain a site of Muppet Musique's magnitude, not to mention probably a good amount of money as well. All of which could be factors into the site's sudden disappearance.

So why don't we all just put the paranoia on simmer and stop pointing fingers and acting like the "big bad government" took the site down until we hear from Sylinde herself, all right?

-Kim

Davina

Reaction score
yes, but where's the irrational fun in that.... :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I just hope all is going well with Sylinde and that we hear from her sometime soon. :smile:

I'm always happy to give her any comforting support I can. I agree with Kim's points though. Until I hear strong evidence to the contrary I am hopeful that nothing has gone bad for her. Please always feel free to e-mail or PM if you ever need comforting words for anything at all dear Sylinde.:sympathy: :flirt:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I am also hopeful that nothing bad has happened, and I hope the site comes back up asap.

BJ

Drtooth

Reaction score
The server could just be down but why would the rest of her website (the non music section) be online.

It could also be a large update...

...though it probably isn't, The Mouse will always track this sought of stuff down and close it down some time or other
I think it's best we wait and see. If it was closed down, whomever owns it would have posted hear by now.

And While Disney would close down the Muppet Music section, the Fraggle section would still be up. SO we just have to wait. If it doesn't close up shop completely it might be a server error or something. If it does, well, we'll hear something from the site owner.

Doug&Rodney

Reaction score
She could of gotten sued by Muppets Holding Company.
She never added any music from Kermit's Swamp Years:frown:.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
This is a long server error. Maybe she's moving everything over to a new web host?

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Hi, everyone...

First, I just want to say thank you to all of you who have shown your love for Muppet Musique and offered me support be it by either replying to this thread or by PM. It means a lot to me.

Second of all, what most of you have supposed has come to pass. The Walt Disney Company contacted me via a very official-looking email on the evening of August 13th. At first, I thought it might have been a hoax by some prankster but, wanting to be better safe than sorry, I took my site down. Then, I got the very official-looking and sobering letter. They were good about it, and just wanted me to remove the offending mp3s and send in a written confirmation of having done so to Lance R. Griffin of The Walt Disney Company which I did by way of Certified Mail and which they received on August 22nd. Their reasons? Copyright infringement and unfair competition.

I'm very upset about it, but I suppose it was a matter of time. I don't know if they stumbled across it on their own or if they had an informant but somehow someway they got wind of it's existence. And, I really don't know what I'm going to do now for certain. My wish is to keep it running because it brings so much joy and fond memories for both old and new Muppet fans. Since Muppet Musique's start, I've gotten so much positive feedback from fans who love the Muppets, that I don't want to just let it fade away.

I have a few ideas of where Muppet Musique's future will be headed now... But I'm not going to say outloud in such a public forum. If you'd like to know more, send me a PM or an email.

There's a story going 'round that Musique's over now
There's a story going 'round the site is through
But we're here to tell the truth about it anyhow
That it'll live as long as Muppet fans all do...

It'll be back, it'll be new, it'll be the same...

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
It's too bad the site got taken down but thank goodness I saved most of the MP3's from your site. I wish you good luck with hopefully starting up something a little different in the future. :cry: :sympathy: