New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

muppettheatre

Reaction score
While I was interning with JHC I worked with them on SS, so I got the best of both worlds. The best part was helping on set!

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
You were very lucky your school let you do internships during the year. Competition is so much harder in the summer. Sesame even lets hs kids work during the year because they are short staff...

It makes me bitter on a stick...

Someday, though I will have my revenge! By being cool! In some way! Or whatever!

In other news, though no one really cares I'm sure....I have decided to quit my job. . . why do this in the worst job market EVER, you ask? Not really sure. . . . I think it has something to do with Chi.....

PinkTribeChick

Reaction score
Hiya! I'm new...just joined...wanted to say hi and introduce myself! So...HI! My name is PinkTribeChick, and I'm 21 years old. I'm a freshman in college at LSU in Shreveport. I'm a monster Fraggle Rock/Dark Crystal/Labyrinth geek...let's just say it's gotten to the point that I have a really bad E-Bay habit, cause I collect stuff from all three like crazy! Anyway...I look forward to getting to know everyone on here! Talk to you all later! :smile:

mango936

Reaction score
hey everyone!
my name is Kristy, from California and i'm new to the forum. i've been keeping up to date with muppet news on Muppet Central for about a year now. i'm 25 yrs old and as a kid the only thing that would keep my quiet was the Muppet Show. my parents would turn it on tv and i was quiet as a mouse, engrosed in the show! to this day, i'm still a Muppet fan. i went to the Pasadena Muppetfest convention and absolutely loved it!!! i'm currently collecting the Palisades action figures. i've got all 15 Muppet Show DVD's too. :smile: i hope to chat more with you guys in the future! :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Welcome Kristy, good to hear you were at Muppetfest ! Did you get to hug Sweetums ? :big_grin:

mango936

Reaction score
hi luke! unfortunately i didn't get to hug Sweetums. i saw him tho. and the weird thing was, i could have SWORN he was taller. i remembered him looking so tall on the Muppet Show.

frodis58

Reaction score
Hello I'm Joe.

I live in Minnesota and I can't remember life without the Muppets!
I'm 25 love TMS and Fraggle Rock with a passion!I'm also a big baseball fan,which works out great cuz we have the best team
in the world, (no exaggeration......)

I used to watch TMS before I could walk, and I Love them still.

I have been observing Muppet Central for a while now (tail-end of 1999?)

Anyway I've finally taken the time to post, I know its been a while
but ..........
I've been extreamly impressed with Muppet Central and all the work you all do to make it a wonderful place to visit!!

My favorite Muppets would hafta be Dr.teeth and the Electric Mayhem!!!! They were my introduction to rock n roll!
I remember loving Fraggle Rock when it came out even though I never had cable as a kid,the first thing I saw of them was a video my parents bought me called Fraggle songs vol. one.

I had a few opportunities to watch the show when it went through its original run on HBO (relatives houses etc.)

I even had a few episodes on a tape my aunt made me one year.
She made it for me for Christmas and the tape had The Bells of Fraggle Rock's first airing!!

Somehow through the years some tapes got taped over or just deteriorated :frown:

I remember being in 7th grade when Jim passed, I stayed home from school the next day and devoted my entire day to watching his wonderful creations on the big screen. ( my parents knew how much Jim means to me so they let me do it.)

some of my family members and friends have found it strange that as I grew up, I was still mezmorised by The Muppets.

It was kinda like "Joe, your still into that?"
but now they all realize it's just a part of me that will never go away!

Anyway I would just like to say Hi and thank all of you for this wonderful place to gather and enjoy the Henson legacy.

Reaction score
Long time coming

Greetings to one and all!
I have been wanting to do this for a very long time and decided to goof off at work for once and just do it. I found this site last fall and fell in love with it. So to the Founding Fathers of Muppet Central Thank you for creating it.

My name is Heather, I am a 28 year old Graphic Designer living in Tazana CA. I love the Muppets. The Two people I admire and look up to the most because of there creativity, dedication and determination would have to be Jim Henson and Walt Disney.

Ok now for short but sweet histroy lesson of Moa... :smile: I was born and raised in Kansas, move to New Mexico when I was 12, Met the man of my dreams two years ago, Moved to California one year ago and got married last October.

I grew up watching the Muppets. I adored the Muppet show. My two favorite Muppets are Animal and Kermit. But I love many others. I missed out on all of the Muppets Tonight do to it not being on the 3 channels I could get in New Mexico. (I Lived in the Moutains, cable didn't exist there.) My Favorite Muppet movie would have to be "The Muppets Christmas Carol" They did a wonderful job on it. But then again anything with a muppet in it is usually my favorite. Just as my husband.

For our honeymoon we went to Disneyworld and I finally got to see Muppets 3D Vision. Which I had been waiting to see ever since they released it in 1993. Had my picture taken when Kermit and Piggy and that MADE my whole vactaion. And I didn't know they had Muppets 3D here at Disney California Adventure until I got back. Disney worlds set up is much better though. For my Birthday my wonderful Husband got me the 15 DVD set of the Muppet show. I still haven't watched them all. And I truely regret not coming to Muppet Fest. I just hope they do have another one. But if it is in New York I know I won't be able to go.

Well I think that covers most of it. There is a lot more but I did't want to write a novel :smile: Thanks for letting me share. See you all around. :big_grin:

Jackie

Reaction score
Welcome Heather!!!

You've been a lurker for some time!! I remember when i first found out about the MC muppet boards i just jumped right into the conversation. Lucky for me everyone accepted that! LOL!!:cool:

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, :smile:
Yea lurker would be the right term for it. I was feeling the place out. Seeing if I would fit in or not. Plus life has slowed down a little so I can now play around here like I want to.