New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Iluvgus

Reaction score
:smile: Hi im new I luv the muppets espessily kermit. I also have a belgain draft horse named Gus

1ann4kermie

Reaction score
Hello! I have been a long time guest user of the forum...coming reading the news and getting some great information. I finally decided that I needed to sign up. I have no idea why I waited so long to do it. I think one of the reasons I finally done so is because lately I have been feeling so alone in my muppet fandom. I moved away from the one person I know that is a muppet fanatic, and I have been feeling the pains of loss of my muppet shopping partner....espically with all the new stuff coming out! I have been a long time fan of muppetcentral. It's a great source of muppet information. It is the closest one can get to muppets and humans living together in the real world!

I have liked the muppets for as long as I can remember. Grew up watching SS and TMS. I am told that I used to run around the room shouting at the top of my lungs screaming "kermie kermie kermie" when kermit would come on SS. And I know (cause I remember) I busted my lip open not once, but twice trying to be supergrover! Watching any Henson film/show gives me happy thoughts and makes me forget the worries and problems of the day.

I look forward to joining the muppet central family!!

Ann

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Hi

Sorry it took me a few days to come to the newbie thread but here I am! I basically just jumped right in and started replying to your wonderful discussions!

I've been a fan of the genre my whole life (I'm 31 now, sigh!) I know quite a bit about TMS and SS but am always looking to find out more neat facts. I've started collecting Unpaved on VCDs and my 2-year-old daughter learns faster from these than the new format!

I'm just happy to be part of this forum. It makes me feel a little more uncrazy (can you decode that one?) Know what I mean? You can't discuss this stuff with, say, MOST people, without either a weird look, being laughed at, or a violent insult! People who hear about my fondness for Henson stuff say "Get a life!" Too bad they don't realize they're obviously the ones that need one. Why would I abandon something that has been so important to me my entire life? My wife is a fan too, but understands my more, um, obsessive approach. (I just got her hooked on The Storyteller!)

Anywayz, I look forward to making some new friends and contacts!

later
eric

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to introduce myself. I've been viewing the boards as a guest for the last couple months and finally decided to register. The Muppets were a big part of my childhood. I grew up watching TMS, Sesame, and Fraggle Rock and collecting Muppet toys/games. Somewhere in my parent's basement there's even an old (empty) box of Croonchy Stars!!

My all-time favorite Muppet production is Muppet Family Christmas since it incorporates the three major Henson shows, has good Christmas music, and contains some truly hilarious moments (the Swedish Chef and the turkey, the icy patch, etc).

I haven't seen much of the newer stuff such as Muppets Tonight or the last two movies (MFS and MTI). Part of the reason is that I was busy with high school, college, and everything else at the time. The other reason is that the Muppets don't have the same appeal for me without Jim Henson around. So, I generally prefer the older stuff.

Anyway, I'm excited to discuss the Muppets and it's great to hear opinions from so many other enthusiastic Muppet fans here at MC.

Amazing Mumford

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ok i have been on here for some time but i need to tell you all where im at.

Im 21 years old i have been around the Muppets all my life. they have always been there for me when i was in trouble. i would prtend i was with them or they were with me. When i turned 15 my Dad passed away it was the worst time i have had in my life. it still makes me cry when i think about it to much. i was still to young amd needed my dad. Then when i was about 17 my mom moved us from east Tennesse to Nashville. at frist i hated it. and the things coming from the muppets at that time just didnt make me feel good . nothing did i felt alone and somtimes i still fell that way like am alone and dont have anyone. i almost could understand the way Gonzo felt in MFS. but then a spark came back. i saw the muppets take manhatten and the love i had grew. i felt new agine now i have alot of there DVD s and my list keep growing i love the muppets now more then ever.

Whatever

Reaction score
Hi! I have been a Muppet fan forever! I remember in kindergarten my favorite shows were "Lawrence Welk", "Funniest Home Videos" and "Muppet Babies!" When I got splinters and my mom wanted to distract me she put "The Great Muppet Caper" on! But my very special loves are "The Muppet Movie" and "A Muppet Family Christmas." My dad recorded a autobiography of Jim Henson that was on TV in 1990, and THAT was one of my favorites at age 6! That is dedication! I spent last year as an exchange student in Braunschweig, Germany, and I am going back as soon as possible. I am a freshman at the University of Evansville with a major in German! :sing:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Welcome, welcome, welcome all!!!! Amazing Mumford, I just wanna say I LOOOOVE your name!!!! "Ala Peanut Butter Sandwiches!" :big_grin:

epicllama

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm a long time muppet lover. This is my very first post on the board. Yay me! I'm a junior here at Minnesota State U in Moorhead, majoring in music. I really don't know what else to tell ya. Hmmmm...perhaps I'll mention that some of my favorite muppets are the ones that are just used as "extras" (such as the chickens or penguins) :zany: or that only appear in one movie (Clueless Morgan and Mad Monty from MTI). So that's all I have to say right now.

jediX

Reaction score
Welcome...what field of music are you majoring in?