New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

gipsey muppet

Reaction score
hello this is who we are

yes hello, were an old married couple from the midwest, roger n cindy. 2 children and 4 grandchildren. we love the muppets, don't we all though ? we belong to several forums, airstream trailers, metalmeet, teardrop trailers and old ihc trucks to list a few. were nothing special just folks.
now for some information that may be of intrest to this forum! WE OWN THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM BUS! yes lets put to rest some of the rumors. 1 disney hasn't bought it or leased it for a new movie. they did call about purchasing it a few monhs ago but haven't followed through. 2 it isn't being used by pallisades ( not sure about the spelling) for a model, and 3 it isn't stored outdoors anymore. it has an indoor home and will be restored and shown localy at charity shows. the next apperance will probably be in Edwardsville illinois on sept. 12 2004 at the DARE car show.
we are proud to be the current caretakers/owners of what we consider to be a piece of art/history. i hope when we have more time and learn our way around this forum to post pictures and history about the bus.
roger n cindy

Yoda

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been reading posts here for quite a while but never really had the time to become a regular member, I'm hoping to change that.

Let's see, I guess what anyone here would actually be interested in would be how muppets shaped my life. I have never lived without a muppet influence: I started out with Sesame Street then added The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock to my viewing list; nothing could keep me away from the TV while the Muppet Show was on. I also followed Muppets Tonight - watched it religiously but didn't like it as much as the original, loved the Storyteller though.

How have the muppets shaped my life you may ask? I think that everyhting that I like doing and much of my behaviour has a direct muppet influence: I've always been intrigued by martial arts, like to cook, come up with a bunch of mostly unsuccessful experiments (but I keep trying), think cookies are one of the the greatest foods ... you get the idea.

Favorite muppet? I don't play favorites :smile:

To this day, I think that I'm having a great day if I've seen or heard anything muppety. Even if that means having to break out into a heartfelt, off-key rendition of "Rubber Ducky".

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
OK, I am far from a new member (I am a hold out from the old chat room) but I have been missing for large chunks of time so I thought I would reintroduce myself.

My name is Hill, I am the Muppetfreak. In real life I do all sorts of various things one of which is selling on eBay (what used to be full time and what now is just every spare second) and one of which is writing (I have a novella and a play out in print and a novel in the works).

I am a very big Muppet fan, a little bit crazed/a little obsessed but I won't try to prove it to you all 'cause I know you hear me on that front.

Once upon a time I worked at CBS News and then I got a job at Sesame. (which is why I spent most of my time browsing rather than posting in the forums, I was not supposed to be in here) To make a long story very short though I love that company, through various circumstances I decided to leave a little while ago and I now work at a lovely old Vaudville theatre. (Its very Muppet theatre-esque). I still have many wonderful friends there and I still hope that once things change I will be able to go back, but in the meantime, I needed stability and more importantly benefits. Things look favorable that in a year or so things will have turned around a little and I will be able to come back on more ideal terms.

Or maybe this will be the moment I look back on years later and say "I blew it" but hopefully not. I would imagine if I was making the greatest mistake of my life I would be less happy and right now I am much happier in this situation.

Ah so I will just have to conquer the Muppet empire from the side, or at least work happily paralell to it.

Anyway, the moral of this long story is that I am back and able to post again. I hereby promise to be less of a slug and to go back to being an active member of this group.

Um... yes. That is all. Vive le Muppets!

Oh and if anyone is bored, go poke around my website. I am in the process of redoing it so feedback is appreciated.

http://www.hillarydepiano.com

homerthegreat

Reaction score
I'm not a n00b, but I haven't really posted anything until just recently, and I just stumbled upon this thread, so...

Hi! My name is Homer Case. I'm 13 years old and am in Grade 8. I take guitar and drum lessons, and have played a few shows with my band, The Randoms. I'm in Punk music, such as Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, NoFX, and SmartPunk. I also like Green Day alot, and Billie Joe Armstrong is one of my greatest influences. And I can't forget about Classic Rock, like The Beatles, Led Zep, and such. I am a toy collector, and collect alot of toys, including Muppets (obviously), Simpsons, and Ren & Stimpy. I also really like comics and my current favourite is Spawn. Todd McFarlane is another one of my big influences. I really like The Simpsons, and collect merchandise from books to Candy to Basketballs! My other favourite shows include Seinfeld, Dragonball Z, Spongebob Squarepants, and everything on [adult swim]. I really like to draw and make my own comics frequently starring my friend's character "Reaper." I spend alot of time on forums, but my main favourites are here, Palisades, and StatueForum. I am an intellectual superior in my class and used to frequently attend Enrichment. My favourite colour is red, my hair is brown, and my eyes are blue. I am aboiut 5 foot tall, making me the 3rd shortest person in the class. That's really all you need to know...so long!

See you on the boards! :smile:

superfan

Reaction score
Feels like home!!

HAHA!
C'est moi, Superfan. Well, I gotta tell ya...it's hard finding anyone with the same enthusiasm about the Jim Henson and his creations as myself...until I came here, of course. I'm 29 years old and althought that's not 'old, old', some people find it a bit immature and...well, for lack of a better term, 'unique' to my age. Friends and family just smile and nod when I ramble on about little trivia factoids about it all. Then they hand me my pills.
I have one good friend who shares my enthusiasm for all this, thank goodness.
I am in the childcare business so this can come in handy when I need a song to get their attention. A kid at heart...where would I be without all things Muppet? I have a two and a hlaf year old daughter who can identify Sam the Robot and Roosevelt Franklin. She listens to the records I collect and the CD's everyday. She has no interest in the new SS episodes at all. Hhhmmm...
I am more multi-faceted than just being a fan, but I'll save that for another day.
Have fun everyone and thanks for the warm welcomes!

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Quoix said:
The Bin (trash can)
Too funny, over here when you say "The Bin" it means an insane asylum. :crazy:

Welcome to the forum everyone.

:smile: Kev

Vtrain

Reaction score
Howdy!

Hey all!!
My name is valerie and i live in the USA. I'm a freshman in college and recently stumbled on this site while looking for pictures and such. I love reading, and dancing, but alas much of my free time has diminished since beginning college! :wink:
I must also admit that i felt alone in my muppet/fraggle enjoyment, until i came here of course! This site is great! (by the way) :wink:

FraggleRocks

Reaction score
Hi

Hi all!
i'm kind of like valerie up there. i knew that there were other fans out there but none of them seem to be very active. i was looking for music and about the new video and found this place. i'm a freshman in college. and right now in sunny florida (where i live) it seems like there's a hurricane every week! i play the flute and have since middle school. i enjoy watching movies that have dead people in them (like cary grant and fred astaire not zombies). right now i seem to be rediscovering my early childhood and am loving the jem, fraggle rock, lady lovelylocks, rainbow bright, and etc. pages.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Hi there,to all the new members at MC.I'm JaniceFerSure aka Diana. Glad you've made it here,hope ya'll enjoy your stay. A side note to FraggleRocks,I've played the flute too(in my youth)from 5th-9th grade.Hope your safe down there in FLA.

Lisa D

Reaction score
Bonjour!

Hello all!
I've been a new member on this site for a bit and only just noticed this thread. Allow me to introduce moiself. I am thirty years old and tend to get strange looks when I wax rhapsodic about the muppets. It's become my way of picking my friends; those who either agree with me that the muppets are brilliant and a more effective source of life guidence than the I-Ching or at least respect my madness get to stay. When someone gave my mother grief about her adult daughter who still watched Sesame Street a few years ago she responded by telling them that getting to watch Sesame Street on a regular basis is the best reason to have kids.

I remember seeing The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper and the Muppets take Manhattan at drive-ins when I was a kid and thinking there would be nothing better than to be part of that family and I still feel that way.

Miss Piggy is my absolute idol and I live by her teachings.

Apart from my love of the muppets, I am a writer, budding costume builder, and a geek for many things as well as the muppets. I spend the bulk of my free time hanging out with my friends and admiring their insanity. We are in the process of starting our own theater company so that insanity manifests itself on a fairly regular basis. So I guess in my own way I have in fact managed to make my life into the muppet dreams I had as a kid. I'm just now having that realization and i gotta say I'm pretty psyched about it! :excited: :cool: :big_grin:

Lisa