Kermit's 50th Anniversary World Tour

unclematt

Reaction score
muppetperson said:
What a bummer that Kermit isnt coming to Australia!!!
Its for sure he is not going to Australia?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I'll try to make it to the frogs legs festival, though I've never heard of the city in which it is being held.

I'll be as cordial as possible if I meet Steve.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
But even if this event was not big enough to justify Steve, I was told that the newly auditioned performers are (in the MHC's eye) not ready to start doing this type of thing yet. Many who passed the auditions have not officially signed on yet, nor have they been been trained and properly prepared to start doing anything official (esspecially not anything this big, with such a big character, with so many people watching), it is too early for the newly hired puppeteers to be popping up.
Nice to see they're going to prepare the new guys rather than just throwing them to the wolves.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they have to where you can take pictures with Steve and Kermit and autographs? That is in Kermit Texas.

redmans

Reaction score
Here's an article about the upcoming Kermit Texas stop:

http://www.oaoa.com/news/nw100805a.htm

(and printed without permission. SHHH...don't tell!!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kermit residents green with pride

By Elizabeth York
Odessa American

KERMIT Images of Kermit the Frog are painted on city hall windows and local businesses. Curbs are painted; downtown streets have been swept clean. The 5,000 residents in the town named after President Theodore Roosevelt’s eldest son are waiting.
After eight weeks of preparations, Kermit is ready for Kermit the Frog’s arrival Friday, City Manager Georgia Vines said. Walt Disney Co. officials will arrive before him on Tuesday, Vines said.
“A lot of people are excited,” city secretary Sherry Maledon said.
Locals have put in volunteer hours every weekend to get the city looking its best, Maledon said. Additional volunteers from surrounding communities have come to be a part of the banner-making, sign-painting, cleaning-up excitement.
Brenda Jackson, curriculum director for the Kermit Independent School District, said that Kermit the Frog will cheer at the pep rally, announce the homecoming court and be the honorary homecoming king. A 60-feet Kermit helium balloon will hang over the football stadium.
Kermit will host food vendors and live music, Sgt. Richard Abalos of the Winkler County Sheriff’s Office said. A motorcycle show and gun and knife show will round off the weekend focused around the Muppet character.
Representatives from ABC News and Fox News will film the event to be broadcast internationally, Vines said.
Abalos said that the city is preparing for 15,000 to 30,000 visitors for the event. City officials will block off six downtown blocks and operate shuttle buses for visitors. Vendors will provide food for the large number of people. Abalos said the sheriff’s office has called area towns for backup law enforcement and emergency helicopters.
Cities have also called Kermit to ask to be a part of the excitement. Several schools are bringing students to Kermit for a field trip.
“We’ve had calls from around — El Paso, Abilene, Lubbock,” Abalos said. “Some schools have said they’re going to close down.”
Kermit hotels are completely booked for the weekend, Abalos said. Cities like Odessa and Monahans will also absorb some economic impact from Kermit’s visit, Vines said.
“Communities from within a 50-mile radius will benefit from this,” Vines said.
Maledon said that the city is looking for volunteers and will accept music performers.
“Anybody who wants to come over and participate is more than welcome,” Maledon said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I actually live in Abilene, but with the price of gas I don't think I'll be able to afford to go. Bummer.

Tony

rtgentry

Reaction score
30,000 People???!!! I cant imagine how crazy that will be. My Family and I are going, but now I am getting nervous. But we are still going!!

Erine81981

Reaction score
rtgentry said:
30,000 People???!!! I cant imagine how crazy that will be. My Family and I are going, but now I am getting nervous. But we are still going!!
I NEED HELP!!!