Head of MHC fired by new Disney CEO!!

Lynnette

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
Here's another Chris Curtin story:
http://www.dailytexanonline.com/med...rtainment/A.Sad.Day.For.Muppets-1009321.shtml

...This 'Daily Texan Online' seems to be an internet newspaper serving "The University of Texas at Austin."

...Seems a little tacky how he starts his story on Jerry.
FYI - Yes, The Daily Texan is the student newspaper for UT (my alma mater!) but it is a "real" daily newspaper - the online version comes from that newsprint version. It still is a college newspaper, thus some of that immaturity comes out at times, i.e. the opening lines on the Juhl story - I agree, tacky. I heard myself make a little audible gasp on reading that!

Thanks for the link to the article. Seeing it there, I just thought it was great confirmation that Muppets are newsworthy for the college age crowd!

Thanks,
Lynnette

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
okay , i dont understand all the Jim Hill Bashing since , everyone here has just as many opinions as he does,

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Lynnette said:
FYI - Yes, The Daily Texan is the student newspaper for UT (my alma mater!) but it is a "real" daily newspaper - the online version comes from that newsprint version...
Thanks for clarifying that Lynnette!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Well its to bad. Chis was doin an alright job! Well lets hope the NEXT guy or gal is a HUGE Muppets fan! :halo:

Luke

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
okay , i dont understand all the Jim Hill Bashing since , everyone here has just as many opinions as he does,
Difference - everyone here posts their opinions as just that, their own opinions. When Hill posts an article he usually claims his "opinion" is because of some super secret tidbit of news he has had from ultra secret insider sources, and he basically makes up things, including quotes from these Henson insiders to support his opinion. The thing is many times he has got it very, very wrong and been caught out and other times his "insider" quotes have been eerily similar to things people have said on forums like these. Also there is the case of people inside Henson who are supposed to be his sources not having very much knowledge of him and wondering what he's on about.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
On another note, some of the people he has writing articles via his site do have more sense to their articles and do seem to be more informed than he is.

Why for?
Who knows, but it seems that way to me.

DisneyWy

Reaction score
Chris Curtin has not been fired from Disney. He is now working with Parks and Resorts.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/business/brief_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001391173

It doesn't surprise me that Muppet Holding Co. has been folded into the company. It was the only character group with its own division. I see the benefits of having its own, but there are also good things by having it as part of the whole. It the propertiy can be used by more divisions easily and allow for other divisions to think about ideas as well. I don't see it really as good or bad, it is just an intern move.