Open Source Puppetry Project

Yahnke

Reaction score
why have one puppet or main character? Because then you are essentially hampering someone's creativity, even if we all make a similar puppet- because you got to keep it as close to the "original' as possible.

why not have each person involved make his one monster puppet- then each puppet can be one member of a monster race. Each monster (each puppeteers puppet) can be on a mission to discover whatever....and then each one can report back to a commander. That way it allows many different plot lines, and allows creativity, yet we are all working together.

puppetsmith

Reaction score
I think that is an excellent idea! This thing is starting to come together, and is being really thought out. Maybe we could come up with a few guidelines as to the "look" of this monster race. But then again, that may not be necessary at all. The newscaster monster or monsters really would provide the continuity. Each person's monster creation could be totally original.

OR, we have a choice. Basic monster patterns to choose from to build the monster reporter or build your own. That may provide and be appealing to a wider audience and different skill sets.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Update:
Scrapsflippy- Los Angeles, CA
DannyRWW- Milwaukee, WI
Muppetsdownunder- Sydney, Australia
Mrs. Pepper-Canada
MGov- Los Angeles, CA
Bezalet- Dallas, TX
Gfakwort- Chicago, IL
Shynee- Long Beach, CA
TrekkieMonster- Ottawa, Canada
Yahnke- Tennessee

Trekkie Monster

Reaction score
Who would be responsible for recieving the video's and adding the bit with the ancer character and posting the video's?

Oh and I think we at least need to have all the same look, at least that will show that they are all from the same race of monsters.

Yahnke

Reaction score
Actually i live in wisconsin now. So my monster might be snow covered very soon!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Well welcome to our cheesy little state Yahnke.

Yahnke

Reaction score
Danny, actually i grew up over by Tomah, and i only spent one year in TN. Now i live just south of you, on the "I", and i too am a Lutheran Christian.

sorry to burden the rest of you with that info....btw..this project sounds cool. Kudos to whoever got this going. (kudos to us if we ever finish it!)

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Yahnke said:
Danny, actually i grew up over by Tomah, and i only spent one year in TN. Now i live just south of you, on the "I", and i too am a Lutheran Christian.
Small world :smile: