New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

pepestarr

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome theprawncracker! I like your username!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hello everybody. This is my very first post. I have often browsed the forum as a guest but I decided to have a go at registering so here I am.
My favourite overall muppet character is probably Bill the Bubble Guy so I have named myself after him. I'm excited to be actually talking to all of you and I hope we'll all have lots of fun together

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Welcome to all the new members.........we love seeing new faces around here!!!!!

Cherrymoon

Reaction score
Just got access to post and I am so happy since I have had to lurk for so long.
I am an American living in Germany.
I love Sesame Street and all other muppet stuff.
I am a big Farscape fan.

SJohnson

Reaction score
Greetings Muppet Fans

Greetings Fellow Muppet Fans,

I have been a fan of Muppet Central (and a reader of the forum) for a long time, and I've just joined. Like so many of you I grew up watching the Muppet Show, and Sesame Street, and I'm a huge fan of all of Jim Henson's work. In fact I was so inspired by Jim Henson that I decided to go into puppetry myself. Now I am a puppeteer and puppet builder with Swazzle, a live puppet show company based in L.A. I'm looking forward to chatting about the Muppets, Jim Henson and puppetry in general.

Sean

Snark Blarmsten

Reaction score
Hi there,

First of all - what an honor to follow Sean Johnson! By all means everyone, check out his blog puppetry101 (can't post links yet) it's great professional instruction on puppet making.

My name is Tom Dell'Aringa, I just turned 40 so you can imagine I grew up on Sesame Street and the Muppet Show, and Fraggle Rock. I think my favorite muppet movie is the Christmas Carol one. I love Gonzo, and frankly, Michael Caine gives one heck of a performance.

My puppetry interest lies in the muppet type of puppet. I tried a couple years ago to get into it, but didn't find the right resources. There seems to be a lot more out there now (I don't remember this site being around, but it probably was) but maybe not. Anyway, I'm working on building my first foam puppet right now.

I have aspirations for using them for fun, and for teaching to our children at my Church. I know there are quite a few Bible puppet ministries out there.

I picked up the foam book/video and really enjoyed them. I'll post some pics of my first attempt as soon as I get something notable done!

Tom

Reaction score
I thought I should introduce myself. I've loved the muppets ever since I can remember (I'm 24 now) The first movie I ever actually saw in theaters, was follow that bird, and it sparked from there. I guess I should tell you, you can call me by my real name which is Kat, if you like, or you can call me Kitsune, or even KitsuneFraggle, if that's easiest for you. Just wanted to pop in and say hello.:smile:

virginiamadison

Reaction score
Help!!

Hi I'm new to this message board but have been a muppet fan for all of my life. I am actually getting married soon:flirt: and wanted to walk down the aisle to He'll make me happy from MTM. I was going to have it played live but I can't find the sheet music or tab ANYWHERE!!!!:mad: Can anyone help me out in this matter? Thanks!!!:smile:

The Muppaphone

Reaction score
Hey

Hey There. First time poster, long time reader. Can I just say how much I love this site? :smile: I can't go a day without checking it.
I've been a muppet fan since I was born, my first birthday card 5 seconds after my dad held me for the first time being a muppet babies kermit card (yes I am pretty young.)
My favorite muppet movie is acctually Hey Cinderella! particularly because I love how it is so much funnier and all around better than the crappy disney version. (you can tell my feelings about the purchase:grouchy: )
I am practing to be a ventriloquist and hope one day to work as a puppeteer somewhere (hopefully with sesame workshop :wink: )
I hope to get more involved on the site and get to know everyone!

Ben