segments in the compilation videos

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Animal said:
About both the "It´s The Muppets" videos: The UK versions had more scenes than the US ones. I have both versions!!! I will try to list both releases very soon. Just thought I would mention this! :smile:
Do you happen to know why the u.k. versions were longer? The only reason I could think of would be because of U.K. spots, but the american releases had u.k. spots in them.

Did the U.K. releases have the same covers as the U.S. releases?

I am surprised that this wasn't mentioend in the muppet central collectables guide. It's too bad that the Kermitage collectables guide doesn't have a video section yet.

There was also a collection of compilation video and DVDs in the u.k. called The Very Best of The Muppet Show. I do not know why these weren't released in america. a rundown of skits on those DVDs can be found in the reviews for them at Muppet Central.

Animal

Reaction score
Actually the extra scenes in both videos is not just UK Skits. I remember that "Mississippi Mud" is on "More Muppets, Please", right after the Vets Hospital skit from the Dom DeLUise episode..."we want Piggy!"

Yes, both the UK and US releases have the same covers!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There are some things interesting about these videos.

it seems like there is a major lack of full-body monster sceens. The only times that full-body monsters appear are in Rock Music With The Muppets (Timmy in One Way or Another, Thog in I feel The earth Move, and most of the monsters in Schools Out), Childrens Songs and Stories (Sweetums in We've Got Each Other), and Fozzies Muppet Scrapbook (the Mutations in Oklahoma).

It seems like there is also a lack of Electric Mayhem numbers. These videos do include a lot of numbers where the Electric Mayhem are back-up musicians for various singers (both guests and muppets), and numbers/ acts with just one member performing, but the only videos that have Electric Mayhem numbers that aren't shared with other characters are Rock Music, which only has two or three numbers that are just Electric Mayhem numbers (Don't Blame The Dynamite and Rockin' Robin, and also Mr. Bassman if you want to count that, as Floyd shares vocals with Scooter and the other members just play in the background), and Country Music, which includes Boogie In The Barnyard. There are many great, classic electric mayhem numbers that weren't included at all, such as Tenderly, Ain't Misbehaving, and Love Ya To Death. If there was no room for them in Rock Music, then they should have included them in Rowlfs Rhapsodies, The Muppet Revue, or any other video where they would have fit in.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought I'd make a small tally of some things regarding these videos..

3: the number of openign numbers that I guessed correctly as being the opening numbers for the videos I haven't seen.

5: the number of closing numers that I correctly guessed were closing numbers for videos I haven't seen.

7: the number of videos that opened with numbers that were the opening numbers for the episodes that they were originally from.

6: the number of videos that ended with numbers that were the closing numbers for the episodes that they were originally from.

9: the number of muppet news and Swedish Chef segments included on these videos.

4: the number of pigs in space and veterinarians hospital sketches included in these videos.

3: the number of Muppet Labs and Bear On Patrol segments included in these videos.

2: the number of Muppet Sports segments included in these videos.

1: the number of Wayne and Wanda segments included in these videos.

0: the number of Talk Spot (I don't know if the skit with Kermit talking to Julie Andrews on Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff should count as a talk spot), Convewrsation Panel, At The Dance (I don't count Won't Somebody Dance With Me or I Won't Dance as At The Dance skits) and talking houses skits included.

KCJ506

Reaction score
A fact about the Muppet Moments video: "Night And Day" is the only thing from the fifth season of TMS that was included in the video.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Merrissa Berensen was the only guest star included in Rowlfs Rhapsodies who wasn't on The Show in the second season.

Vincent Price and Jean Stapleton were the only guest stars in Muppet Weird Stuff who weren't on the show in the second season.

Ben Vereen was the only guest star in Rock Music With The Muppets who wasn't in seasons 3 or 5.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
just a friendly reminder

Animal said:
About both the "It´s The Muppets" videos: The UK versions had more scenes than the US ones. I have both versions!!! I will try to list both releases very soon. Just thought I would mention this! :smile:
Well, I am still waiting. I know you said that Mississippi Mud was included in More Muppets, Please! What other extra scenes were included?

Animal

Reaction score
Have patience, my friend! :smile:

I´m very busy these days, but I hope to get through the tapes very soon!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing that I noticed is that Rock Music With The Muppets is the only one of these videos to begin with a segment featuring a guest star.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just remembered some things that I forgot to mention, and it seems like nobody else mentioned them either.

The Muppet Revue ended with the Statler and Waldorf ending from the Juliet prowse episode, followed by a shot of the orchestra (I can't remember which closing this shot was from) and a shot of Zoot and Rowlf (from the fifth season opening).

Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff ended with the closing scene from the Julie Andrews episode, with Gonzo and the Cow.

Did any other videos end with scenes from after the ending credits?