They need to make Elmo's world its own show!

Censored

Reaction score
BEAR said:
No, he was congratulating Elmo for 35 years of Sesame Street. And Elmo explained how he is only 3 and a half years old. It was really cute.

Look at Big Bird. He was on the show the whole 35 years, but he's only six years old. LOL

BEAR

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
To bad I missed it. It would have been interesting to see.

Well, it was a radio broadcast. I can try and find you the link to it so you can listen. There was also a great interview with Loretta Long (Susan)

Rosewood

Reaction score
Who knows this date?

This is not necessarily a trivia question, but I'm trying to find out when the "new format" became permenant, as well as "Elmo's World" (as far as Episode # goes). Or mabey a better way of putting it would be "What was the last episode to be made using the "original format"? I need to find this out so I can know what episodes to start looking for, going backwards from this episode #. Any help would be apreciated.

ssetta

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
This is not necessarily a trivia question, but I'm trying to find out when the "new format" became permenant, as well as "Elmo's World" (as far as Episode # goes). Or mabey a better way of putting it would be "What was the last episode to be made using the "original format"? I need to find this out so I can know what episodes to start looking for, going backwards from this episode #. Any help would be apreciated.
"Elmo's World" was added in 1998. So, 3785 was the last episode NOT to have Elmo's World. But even with Elmo's World, the other 45-or-so minutes of the show were pretty much the same. Though they started to toy around with it a little in Season 32, adding more long segments like that. So, the last episode to use the old format was 3980, which was the episode where Big Bird and his friends finished building his new nest. But it was actually Season 33 where the new format REALLY began, and I cried a lot that year. I missed the old set, and everything.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
do you always cry about such things? Kind of immature do you think?
Moderation Post:
I'm going to close this thread if one more post like this exists. I do NOT want to see something posted like this in the future on ANY threads. DO NOT call people out or say something that may be inflamatory.

I've asked everyone to stop with posts like this before. Should I just start deleting threads or deleting posts? MC isn't a place for uninhibited displays of snaps and jibes--if you cannot be constructive in the posts I'm asking folks to just not post until later. MC is a place made of people who share the same interests and love of Jim Henson's projects, all projects which teach us to be friends. We don't always have to agree, but you can be more constructive than this.

If anybody has a problem with my request, please feel free to PM or e-mail me.

Thank you.

Rosewood

Reaction score
Thanks, Ssetta!

Thanks for the info., Ssetta! I really appreciate it!:smile:

Hays

Reaction score
Thanks, GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo said:
Now, when it comes to the Elmo, I think Danny Horn (webmaster of ToughPigs.com) said it best in his week with Elmo editorial
I've always liked ToughPigs, but I think this is particularly excellent - I have to say, I don't entirely agree with him about Elmo's World, but I think his reviews of Elmo and SS in general are very sound.

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
The Hate of the red monster

I want to say that since the major changes of the show it is not the same as it was when I first watched it on Nov. 11, 1969.

They kept changing the show a lot and alot of people stared to hate it.
Now a days it has been cutted up in segments. Letter of the day, Number of the day, Find Ernie, & Elmos world These show should have there own shows like 123 play with me sesame street on noggon, so that the show could go back to the original format.