They need to make Elmo's world its own show!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
the show changed because the needs of today's children have changed so don't expect them to go back to what they used to be.

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
the show changed because the needs of today's children have changed so don't expect them to go back to what they used to be.
Elmo's World is not the only change that Sesame Street has seen.

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:

And yet, the reason that Mister Rogers' show remained virtually the same throughout its long run is because he believed that children have basically not changed.

:confused:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
If it ever did go off the air though, I would hope that they'd replace the time slots with reruns from first to last.
I don't know if they'd want to do that. If kids today watched Sesame Street in the first season they'd probably wonder why Gordon has an afro and why Oscar's orange and why Big Bird looks different. It would be a good idea, but it's unlikely.

Hays

Reaction score
But they DO make changes - read the ToughPigs reviews on the first SS season he reviewed, and on the 2003 season.

I, for one, believe that SW watches forums like this one to gage the reaction of parents. They've made changes that have reflected some of the comments and complaints here. I'd also imagine that there are plenty of parents who don't participate in MC who write in the same opinions expressed here.

That's not to say that they're hanging on our every word, or that they're going to do everything we ask (which is important, I think) but SW being what it is, is trying to serve their audience - and they remember who holds the remote control in most houses.

In that case, it can't hurt to ask, and it's important that there's a dialogue so that all sides of an issue are shown.