NEW Executive Vice President/General Manager for MHC: RUSSELL HAMPTON

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
btw (a little off topic here but..) is Debie the woman who sayed "good morning mr. pepe" on the behind the seace stuff on the "Muppets' Wizard of Oz" dvd? :confused: :smirk:

Marky

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
btw (a little off topic here but..) is Debie the woman who sayed "good morning mr. pepe" on the behind the seace stuff on the "Muppets' Wizard of Oz" dvd? :confused: :smirk:
I dunno. Didn't see it.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Marky said:
Er... a talent agent who is also a program director who is also a network executive producer who is also a writer?

This 'person' would would have every union in the biz down their throats for breaching proprieties. It's called confilct of interest.
Nope just a gifted Talent Agent should suffice (such as Jim Henson's agent, Bernie Brillstein).

Brillstein knew how to land jobs for Jim and the Muppets and colaborate with others to acheive Jim's dreams.

Brillstein employed by Disney to represent the Muppets would be a big positive.

...And yes there are people in showbiz who seem to wear many hats such as Steven J. Cannell, Jerry Bruckheimer, Speilberg, etc.

Marky

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
...And yes there are people in showbiz who seem to wear many hats such as Steven J. Cannell, Jerry Bruckheimer, Speilberg, etc.
Yes. Many people wear many hats.
So which of those gentlemen is a talent agent?

I'm not necessarily directing this at you, OverUnderaround.

There are lots of people I enjoy speaking with in this forum. But I have to say that I've come across many people who make implications and statements which frankly, while good intentioned, reveal the lack of knowledge of how things work, what things mean, or what people do in the entertainment industry.

I always invite people to back up what they say in order to further develop a conversation. It's disappointing when it's met with things which erode credibility.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Marky said:
Yes. Many people wear many hats.
So which of those gentlemen is a talent agent?
Hi Marky, they aren't Talent Agents, but they are actively involved in the casting of the projects they own, as any good producer should be.

Marky

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
Hi Marky, they aren't Talent Agents, but they are actively involved in the casting of the projects they own, as any good producer should be.
You're correct. But believe me, there's a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig difference - something I've had to learn the hard way (long story).

BEAR

Reaction score
Marky said:
You're correct. But believe me, there's a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig difference - something I've had to learn the hard way (long story).

Let's hear it!:stick_out_tongue:

Marky

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Let's hear it!:stick_out_tongue:
Uh... well agents can't cast movies or shows themselves. That's a conflict of interest. This was going on where I'm from, and someone tried to blow the whilstle. This backfired and got the person black-balled.

There, how's that for short-long story?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I have to back the statement that the Muppets were in their prime when handled by Bernie Brillstein. They need that kind of representation again.

I don't feel that things are headed in the right direction by the big Diz. They need folks who know entertainment dealing with the Muppets--not business men.

If they're going to hire someone in they need to bring in people like Talent Agents that do understand the business of entertainment, not the entertainment business (there's two different things there, you see).

Of course, they could just listen to what the fans want and give us that kind of acknowledgement. After all, it is we who know what we want that buy what we get, and if they produce what we want we'll buy it and we're all happy.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
ANY word on the NEW general manager for Diz "the Muppets Holding Company, LLC"???!!! :confused: :confused: :zany: