My SST Episode List

Rosewood

Reaction score
I'ts not so much a matter of being willing to trade.....

Rebel 'L' said:
Well I am very hopeful that I can get my hands on some old episodes from some of you. The main thing I want right now is any episode with the yip yips in it! Then anything else that older than 1990-1995 probably. If I ever make a million dollars I want to work out a deal to help PBS sell the funny SS episodes to adults! Have any of you ever seen the Rebel "L' song?:confused:

And yes it seems like I remember the the star wars on sesame street as a kid but that has got to be rare.

Aren't there any production assistants or editors that have copies of all these old episodes that we could trade with...in secret or whatever?

Quiz: which character says "noonie noonie nonnie"...anyone?
It's actually not so much a matter of being willing to trade; It's more a matter of what you're willing to trade for. There are other people out there who are willing to trade like I do, for empty discs and such, but most of them are seasoned pro's, who have already been through the ringer of the "massive moochers" out there who simply expect to get something for nothing. You know; the ones who respond to your offer with a statement like "I'll take this , this , this, and this, please" or "I'll simply take a copy of all you have. Please notify me when you have them finished so I'll know when to expect them."! And these responses are simply made as posts on the forum. They don't even attempt to make any personal contact with you! I now know why many of the people who have been doing this trading business for a long time don't openly announce it anymore. After dealing with these yahoos for a while, they probably began feeling so used and jaded that they simply didn't wish to deal with it anymore. It's moochers like this that make it hard for people with nothing to trade to get started in the first place. But don't worry. I'm still going to try to work this out, one way or another. First off, I will for-warn everyone out there: if your not willing to personally contact me, don't expect a single thing! I am not a waiter or personal servant to anyone, and everyone here at MC deserves to be treated with respect. I have no problem in helping people with nothing to trade get started off. But unless your willing to communicate privately, 1 on 1, don't expect to be taken seriously or even responded to.
As for the legality of trading, thankfully, it isn't something that has to be done in secret. It's fully leagle as long as the rules are always kept and people don't try to twist or bend them.
Regarding the "Rebel L" skit, I have seen it before, and I'll keep my eyes open for it, as well as for any "Yip-Yip Alien" skits that may be available. If I find any, I'll let you know.
As for the "Star Wars" episodes, I do have the second one where the droids come back to do the ABC's with Big Bird, but I'll have to check on the first one. As soon as I find out I'll let you know, as well. I do believe it was one of the episodes aired by Noggin, but I could be wrong.

And the answer to the quiz question: It's non other that the famouse "Letter Typwriter"!

Rebel 'L'

Reaction score
Thanks for the repy rosewood, i will be much more than auppet moocher!
I'm glad i found this forum and hope to make some friends. The othter skit i REALLY want, especially because my mom loves it so much is :

There's a hole in the bucket Dear Liza!

Rosewood

Reaction score
"Well, fix it, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry....."

Rebel 'L' said:
Thanks for the repy rosewood, i will be much more than auppet moocher!
I'm glad i found this forum and hope to make some friends. The othter skit i REALLY want, especially because my mom loves it so much is :

There's a hole in the bucket Dear Liza!
LOL! I remember that one word for word! Unfortunately, I havn't been able to come across it yet. But I'll keep my eyes and ears open for it!:stick_out_tongue:

zns

Reaction score
We all apreciate the time and effort you are giving to send us these episodes Rosewood. I'm not just saying that because of the trade I'm doing with you right now, but because of all the time you take out of your life for some of us here in the forum. We also support you on your petition for Classic Sesame Street material on DVD. Can I add you to my buddy list?

Rosewood

Reaction score
Man, I hate it when I make mistakes!

DevonMiles said:
Wow that's quite an impressive list you have there! Would you happen to have the episode I believe from the early 80's in which C3PO and R2D2 visit in the space ship? I remember this one quite vividly and would love to have the opportunity to view this one again.
Also would it at all be possible to put two episodes on one DVD-R? I hate to have too many discs lying all around, just makes for clutter. The other one I would be most interested in is the Mr. Hooper death episode.
Please reply on here as others may be wondering the same.

thank you
Man I hate it when I make a type-o when updating my list! What I meant to say was 1 disk per episode. That makes it easy for people to know how many disks to send. I always put 2 episodes per disk, and when that equation is used, it insures that you get your copies, and that I get my empty disks as payment. I'll get that corrected as soon as I can to avoid future confusion.

As for the droid episode(s), like I said before I don't have the pilot episode, just the return one, where they do the alphabet with Big Bird. As for the episode where Mr. Hoopers death is addressed, I have got a copy of it, but I didn't include it in my list because of the shape it's in, which is pretty bad. There are jumps and picture breaks all through it on a pretty regular basis. And the thing that really surprised me was the fact that the famouse take where they talk about Mr. Hooper with Big bird is the only time (other than the very end of the episode) when the subject is even addressed. The rest of the show really has nothing much to do with it. A much better way to get a chance to see that scene is to watch one of the more recent PBS Biography specials where Bob, Maria, and Susan all get together and reminisce about the most memorable moments they have all had on SS. One of those memories that all of them agree on was this specific take, and I believe they actually show the whole scene from start to finish, and then they all comment about it. What I loved about this was the actual fact that, with all the re-enhansement they had given it, you could actually see the real tears in everyones eyes (that is as long as you aren't crying by then!). With the copy I have, its so bleary and choppy that you can't even see these details enough to appreciate them. Another source for this scene (although not in it's entirity) is in the A&B Biography special, which I do happen to have a great copy of. The neat thing about this special is that you get the whole story from Carol Spinny's perspective, along with ALOT of behind the scene moments which realy gives you a whole new level of respect for those amazing puppeteers!:smile:

zns

Reaction score
I didn't see these on your list and I just wasn't sure if you had them.

Also the Camp Echo and Mile's adoption episodes. I apologize for the list being long, but there is so much of Sesame Street that I havn't seen. I never got a chance to tape the shows when they were on Noggin, and I could just kick myself.

Neros Urameshi

Reaction score
I would love to have the following in video clips:

Recycling cans - live film
Film on how toothpaste gets put into the tube - (live film)
"Something old into something new"- (live)
"What’s down below the street"- (a capella group - live animation) (I love this song!:big_grin:)
"Rockin’ Robin"- (live)
"No matter what you look like, some things are still the same"- (live)
"I don't want to live on the moon" (song - Ernie)

zns

Reaction score
Umm....... I think you all should know that Rosewood passed away a few years ago.