Danny Seagren doing Gonzo

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
What does Danny Sergan's Gonzo sounds like and I know what Dave Goelz's Gonzo sounds like but I never heard Danny Sergan's Gonzo. Is there a sound clip of Danny Sergan's Gonzo?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Who's Danny Sergan and when did he start doing Gonzo? :concern:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Daniel Sergant was a performer, puppet builder and proffessional dancer who worked for henson from the late 1960s and early 1970s. I do not know exactly when he joined or left.

The only time that Daniel Sergan performed Gonzo was in the 1970 special The Great Santa Clause Switch, where Gonzo was known as Snarl, the cigar box frackle.

Daniel Sergean also performed Big Bird in a few episodes of Sesame Street during the shows first season. He performed Big Bird because Caroll Spinney was sick at the time. I do not know whetehr Daniel also performed Big Birds voice or if Caroll dubed it later, but Daniel Sergeant also performed Big Bird in a 1969 appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show, possibly for the same reason. In that appearance Big Bird didn't speak at all, probably because he wasn't performed by Caroll Spinney, although if Daniel Sergan did perform Big Birds voice, then I don't know why he couldn't have had Big Bird talk.

I think Daniel Sergan also performed in The Frog Prince and The Muppet Musicians of Bremen. I don't know if he performed any voices in those specials, and I don't know what a Daniel Sergan voice would sound like.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Danny Seagreen, was in The Muppet Musicians of Bremen and The Frog Prince.

The reason he performed Big Bird on The Ed Sullivan show is because Caroll cannot dance, He says this himself. And the number was nearly ALL dance routine.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
I wonder if this Danny fellow is the Muppeteer Jim Henson fired for forcibly trying to promote himself to the media that he was Big Bird and not Carroll Spinney.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Well other than a puppeteer Seagren Was a trained professional dancer. and I know He joined jim Henson in 1968 but I'm not sure when he left.

travellingpat

Reaction score
"I wonder if this Danny fellow is the Muppeteer Jim Henson fired for forcibly trying to promote himself to the media that he was Big Bird and not Carroll Spinney."

I think that was him

travellingpat

Reaction score
"I wonder if this Danny fellow is the Muppeteer Jim Henson fired for forcibly trying to promote himself to the media that he was Big Bird and not Carroll Spinney."

I think that was him

minor muppetz

Reaction score
How is it known that Daniel Seagren performed Gonzo in that special? Are there any other characters that fans here know were voiced by Daniel Seagren? Has there been an interview with somebody who worked on that special that confirmed this? Did somebody e-mail Henson and ask (I know that this is how we found out about Daniel Seagren performing Big Bird)? Did somebody have contact with Seagren? :confused: