Puppet Pattern Sale

handypuppets

Reaction score
Punto Photo!!!

Hey all,
I am in Dallas, Tx and have had the pleasure to meet Pasha in person. You could not deal with a nicer guy. Now... the truth about his puppet patterns.

In a word, INCREDIBLE. I got the Punto pattern and it is amazing. I have been trying to learn puppet making by trial and error with minor sucess. The Project Puppet pattern took my whole experience to a whole new place. Very well written instructions, helpful photos and diagrams make it about a easy as you could ever expect. I used my pattern as a base to create a character I call "Vanya" (a crabby guy from the old counrty).

So far, I've only done the head.
Photo at www.patrello.com/puppethead.jpg

Hope this helps you to see what a great product this is. Believe me, I get nothing for this endorsement (nada, zero, zip), but when I really find something this wonderful, I tell people. So... I'm telling you. My first post too. Looking forward to many more.

Take care,
Shawn

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Super! He's quite a character. Thanks for posting the picture. When he's finished I'd love to add him to the Project Puppet gallery. Keep up the good work!

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Changes at Project Puppet

Unfortunately, due to a significant increase (a 30% increase :eek: ) in the price of reticulated foam from our foam supplier, we are no longer able to include the 16” X 36” piece of foam in our Forma Series pattern kits. We will continue to offer the reticulated foam in 16” X 36” sheets separately at an increased price. We feel this will allow our customers, who have not had the chance to work with the foam, an opportunity to purchase it in small quantities. If you have worked with the foam and would like to purchase it in bulk, we are happy to share our foam supplier’s information.

The Forma Trio is valid through November 13, 2005 and will still include two 16” X 36” sheets of reticulated foam. The increase in price of the reticulated foam has made the Forma Trio an even better deal!

Yahnke

Reaction score
I really was interested in your pattern- but i don't care for the look of uncovered foam. How soon will you have the add on's available. I think i would like to get your patters if they include instructions on fleece covering.
thanks

keithallison

Reaction score
I just bought your ovale pattern the other day and was wondering if the foam was still included with it as I purchased before you made this declaration of no more foam. If I won't be receiving the foam as well as the pattern, I'd like a refund as I can't afford to pay $55 for just a pattern. Sorry.

puppetsmith

Reaction score
No Worries!

Hi kiethallison! The foam will be included in your order as with all orders placed before the posting on our website and Muppet Central. No worries! We are not crooks!:concern: If you would still like a refund we would be happy to oblige.

As a side note, the value of our kits at Project Puppet lies in the instructions and the patterns. The reticulated foam was included with our kits from the beginning as a bonus - to give first-time puppet builders a jump-start. Our foam supplier has increased the cost of the foam two times since we started offering our kits. The first time we continued to sell our patterns at the same price. This time the significant raise in price made it no longer cost effective to offer the foam in the kits. We chose to continue to offer the patterns at the same price (excluding the foam) instead of raising the price of each kit to accommodate the rise in foam costs. Our patterns are very reasonably priced for the quality of instruction you will receive.

Yahnke - never fear! In a week or so we will be releasing the fleece covering add-on pattern for the Rotondo Pattern. Add-on fleece covering patterns for the other Forma Series kits will follow. We will be running an initial special on the Rotondo Fleece Covering Pattern so be on the lookout. If you haven't already signed up for Project Puppet Updates, now would be a good time!

keithallison

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response.... I belive that your patterns are more than worth the price... I just don't have that kind of money to throw around is all... I wouldn't be able to spring for the pattern and the foam separately is all... I don't wish to have a refund, I want to try your pattern out... I'm sick of making the ministry style puppets (not that there's anything wrong with them, I jsut want to try something new and more advanced. I appreciate you taking the time to answer this.

Keith

shtick

Reaction score
I agree with keithallison on the price.

Since the price you currently have set is for the instructions, maybe you could sell just the pattern for people who would like the pattern but don't need the instructions. I'd pay bout $30 for the pattern alone.