Puppet photo gallery

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been going through old pictures working on a new web site and decided to create a flickr gallery of puppets I've either built, designed or worked on from 1994-2002. Some of them are good, some not-so-good; they were built for a whole range of things - everything from high school musicals to TV pilots.

You can take a peek here.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've always appreciated your work, and can't wait to see Bear Town on the full-steam-ahead "GO."

Blink

Reaction score
It would be interesting to know what part you played in the creation each puppet.

If you were the builder, character designer, advisor, etc. Is there any way that you can indicate that in each picture caption?

It would also be cool to see some of the sketches that you worked from, as well as the finished puppet. For example, the picture of the bookworm design and then the finished bookworm puppet you have.

What do you think?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
That's a good idea, but a lot of them went back and forth between me and another person (or two) and sometimes a client. When you have several people contributing different things at different stages I think determining "true" authorship is a bit tricky. Almost all of the post-2000 puppets were either designed by myself and primarily built by Anastasia Danyliw or vice versa. I designed and built all the pre-2000 puppets except the grasshopper, cockroach and little girl which were done by Marlene Reimer from my designs.

I like the idea of posting sketches. Some of the sketches for these puppets are filed away in storage and others aren't copyright-cleared but I added a couple that I had handy tonight and if I come across any more I'll upload them as well.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Andrew, really great stuff,

nice to see some of the other things you have worked on outside of bear town,

up till now that was all of your work i had ever really seen

Ryan

Reaction score
Nice work. I really like the grasshopper and the mouse. Is the mouse a rod puppet? He looks to small to be a hand puppet.