Ask Ken at Palisades

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Stryder Wolfe ,

Depends on who you ask. I am the Sales Manager. I'm the guy whose job it is to get these exquisite figures to retail.

But if you ask my dear co-workers, they'll tell you that I don't do much of anything.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
Originally posted by ElecMayhem
Stryder Wolfe ,

Depends on who you ask. I am the Sales Manager. I'm the guy whose job it is to get these exquisite figures to retail.

But if you ask my dear co-workers, they'll tell you that I don't do much of anything.
oh, well, sales manager is important,and goofy sales manager is even MORE important...plus you have the whole super-hero job too, so that's gotta keep you busy :stick_out_tongue:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Is there any way Palisades could make an official press statement forbidding any reviewer of action figures to not start any article, blurb or anything else about Muppet Figures with, "It's time to get things started!"?

Well, the tag line for all the ads to Series 2 is "Movin' Right Along...", which hopefully will catch on after Series 2 hits the shelves. Series 3 as tag line is "Can You Picture That?"

Why the choice to go with the pink-haired look for Animal (which most products have seemed to adopt) instead of the actual look? (Nothin' wrong with that, SPEEGS just wondering).

Argggghhh...was wondering who would be the first person to bring this up. This is the color bane of my existence for Series 2. It was Honeydew's color for Series one. I really believe that the Animal hair color should be more red. Unfortunately, just like Bunsen it ultimately was not a battle I could win. You wanna know my theory? Ever since Muppet Babies, when Animal had a pinker hue, that has sort of stuck for product. There is also that light theory, hair with light going through it and all that, but I'm sorry I just don't see it. I love those guys at Henson...they are the best licensing and creative group I have ever worked with, but in this case I doubt I will ever agree with that choice. Anyway...we are stuck with the pinker hair, unfortunately.

I see Janice pictured often with a hat (light brownish with a fold up brim in front and a flower, a la Blossom). Will she follow the Mayhem trend of having a removable hat, or is it too soon to say?

She has a hat. It's cool. Now if we can only get her hair right.

I notice that Dr Teeth, the action figure, has ears, but the puppet doesn't neccessarily...actually, I can't determine if he does or not on the pictures I have here, but I know he doesn't in Muppets Take Manhatten...his hair grows out from under his at right into his beard, hiding any potential ears...I guess som versions of hte puppet hadthe ears showing though?

I have pics of the puppet that were taken specifically for us and the product and in those pics Teeth clearly has ears. Course, that could be a case of Muppelution (my new word for the evolution of each puppet from one look to another). He might not have ears in the pictures you have seen.

i'm ASSUMING that it means that there were other ideas that didn't make it to the final product because they were just too expensive or not good enough...stuff that we never even heard about.

There were three things that we were going to do but it was cost prohibitive. We were going to have a countertop that actually flipped over on the Kitchen Island at the press of a button. One side...dirty and messy like Chef had prepared some concoction, the other side clean. Instead we had to opt for a couple of PVC Kitchen prep pieces that you can display or not. Second thing was a basketball hoop and Chicken. One thing you don't know is that those items got moved to an exclusive Chef next summer. THEN, with what happened with the Lobsters, they got bumped again by the Lobsters themselves. Maybe they'll be made, maybe they won't. Don't know really. Third thing was a LOAD of Muppet vegetables inside the refridgerator. But had to drop those. Too many parts and too much paint. None of that stuff ever made it out of the design/concept stage.

so what exactly DO you do, Travis?

We aren't really sure at this point. But seriously, we bust Travis' balls a lot, but I want to just say that he has been with us for a couple of months and he works really hard, long hours, is a great addition to the team and has some great ideas. We've had a few people come into the fold who didn't quite fit (like me) but Travis blended in like an aged Kentucky Whiskey. We met him here on this board, and that's a cool thing.

He's a good guy, and we really like him. Even if he is a freak.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
We aren't really sure at this point.
Well he has his fanbase to look after (and Stewarts) - a guy can only do so much in one day, especially when you are 'Executive In Charge Of Sleeping', though of course he is dreaming up cunning sales and marketing strategies ! :stick_out_tongue:

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Hey Ken You said the series 4 cards would be diffrent but will they still have pictures of the Muppets thats in the series?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Aerosmith
Hey Ken You said the series 4 cards would be diffrent but will they still have pictures of the Muppets thats in the series?
Yup.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
SWEET! Oh and Ken I went looking for Darkness again but only found Toothfairy and Djinn so I bought Short hair Piggy instead and I have a question is her waist supposed to move cause mine dont.

ukgonzo

Reaction score
series 2 shipping

Does series 2 ship directly from china to the UK or does everything go directly to the USA?
If it ships to the UK and seeing as we have no port issues will the UK series 2 be on the shelves before it hits stores in the USA?

your ideas for the kitchen were brilliant its amazing how much detail you are looking to put into every play set

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Re: series 2 shipping

Originally posted by ukgonzo
Does series 2 ship directly from china to the UK or does everything go directly to the USA?
If it ships to the UK and seeing as we have no port issues will the UK series 2 be on the shelves before it hits stores in the USA?

your ideas for the kitchen were brilliant its amazing how much detail you are looking to put into every play set
In this case it is likely the UK will have the product first. We don't route theirs through the US.

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
Hey... there's a pic at AisleSniper.com that shows a regular ol' nekkid Rowlf... is this going to be an exclusive or something?

-SPEEGS