Parents watching Sesame thread

BEAR

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Thank you Bear, there are also other fine programming on out there as well, but I'll certenly miss SS when it gose.
Sure there are some other good kids shows out there like Blue's Clues, Bear in the Big Blue House, Arthur...but NOTHING beats Sesame Street.:smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Nah! I'm not quite there yet. I am in a wonderfully steady and serious relationship, but we aren't ready to be married. Finishing school is kind of a priority.:wink:
That's more than I have. I've already finished school, but I don't have a girlfriend or a good full-time job. I guess we're getting a bit off subject here, so let's get back to "Sesame Street."

In response to Ilikemuppets' post, I don't think "Sesame Street" will be gone for quite a while, but it would be good to see the classic eps come back.

Rosewood

Reaction score
Episode 1

BEAR said:
Big Bird without a head??....?
Back when the very first episodes were aired, Big Bird (along with many other muppets) was still "evolving". When he was first shown, he basically had almost no feathers above the leavel of his eyes. To my daughter those feathers today are his "head". When she first saw episode 1, and saw him without them, I guess she just decided (like most young kids do) to "say it like it was" and called him "Big Bird without a head".:stick_out_tongue:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Sure there are some other good kids shows out there like Blue's Clues, Bear in the Big Blue House, Arthur...but NOTHING beats Sesame Street.:smile:
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
That's more than I have. I've already finished school, but I don't have a girlfriend or a good full-time job. I guess we're getting a bit off subject here, so let's get back to "Sesame Street."

In response to Ilikemuppets' post, I don't think "Sesame Street" will be gone for quite a while, but it would be good to see the classic eps come back.
If thats ture, then thats a relief. I would love to see some classic episodes.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
Back when the very first episodes were aired, Big Bird (along with many other muppets) was still "evolving". When he was first shown, he basically had almost no feathers above the leavel of his eyes. To my daughter those feathers today are his "head". When she first saw episode 1, and saw him without them, I guess she just decided (like most young kids do) to "say it like it was" and called him "Big Bird without a head".:stick_out_tongue:
Thats cute. LoL!

BEAR

Reaction score
Rosewood said:

That's right. He was pretty pitiful looking as I have seen from pictures. Funny she called him that

Hays

Reaction score
I have to admit, one of the things I most looked forward to when pregnant was the ability to come out of the closet as a SS fan! My son is now five, and the window may soon close, but I'll still watch when I can!

Rosewood

Reaction score
Why close the window?

Hays said:
I have to admit, one of the things I most looked forward to when pregnant was the ability to come out of the closet as a SS fan! My son is now five, and the window may soon close, but I'll still watch when I can!
If you truely do like SS as much as you say, then why close the window? I'm a parent, and I still love SS, and will for as long as I live - with no shame! There have been many times when I have been watching prime time T.V. in the evening and found nothing wholsome or up-lifting to watch. Popping in a SS tape to watch instead, weather my kids are still awake or not, has often filed that void. There have even been times my husband has joined me! If you really watch, you'll find more "adult humor" worked into that show than you would ever imagine!

Hays

Reaction score
Of course, I'll keep watching - but the days of the two of us watching together may be numbered. Much as I love SS, I'm not going to force my son to watch if he doesn't want to.