Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Bear Man said:
The season 1 Fozzie looks terrible in my opinion - nothing like the Fozzie most of us know and love. Of course, I prefer the season 2 Fozzie to the new ones though as well - but if it came down to a choice between the original (which I've seen in person I might add - and it looks REALLY bad!) and the newest version then the new one would win hands down.

As for some of the replicas being huge, I can see that being a problem...what do people think about posers based off the actual patterns shrunk to 50% of the original size?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!:frown:
Then it wouldnt be a proper replica.The size isnt that bad,only another foot taller than Kermit.Unless they make a replica of Sweetums.Cool!!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I agree. They have to be full size or they might as well be toys, not replicas.

:stick_out_tongue:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
spcglider said:
In my opinion, the "new" Fozzie is laid out to be a buffoon... like he was in Muppet Treasure Island. I think that character got stuck on Fozzie. He's been steadily losing intellectual power since then.

I prefer Fozzie to be a bad comedian, not an idiot. You can be a lovable failure without being stupid. And the changes in his look have followed (or perhaps preceeded) each lessening of his acumen.
This is a phenomenon that I've long observed happening to comic characters, mostly on TV. I'll give you two examples off the top of my head:

Maxwell Smart from "Get Smart". He started out as a bumbler, kind of like Inspector Clouseau, but by the time the series ended, he was a complete idiot. No one in their right mind would ever send that Maxwell Smart on a mission.

The other one is Major Nelson from "I Dream of Jeannie". If you watch the black & white episodes, he was clever and rational in coming up with explanations for Jeannie's mischief. But as the series progresses, he becomes more and more of a buffoon, also losing brain cells in the process.

So, it's not surprising that Fozzie has morphed the way he has. Although, I would blame the writers and executives more than anything else. It can't be the bear's fault... he is still a puppet, after all.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I liked Fozzie in Jim's 3 films and The Muppet Show. He got lost after Jim passed away, and the closest he's been to the REAL Fozzie since then was IAVMMCM and some more recent appearances.

Seems to me that the voice-over Fozzie became a dummy, but slowly he's becoming more like himself. He was great on SNL that one Christmas.

FER SURE

Reaction score
Does anyone have good photo refernence to see the differences in the Fozzies and Ernies. I know most of the changes seem minute but the really do show. I think it would be fun though to look at them side by side.

P.S. I absolutely HATE that Fozzie poser that has been in use. The one on the cover of all the old DVD releases, he has a torpedo head that is no where near the Fozzie I used to know.

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
Amicus said:
Hey where did you get that pic of Ernie from 1969? That's awesome! I want one!
I had the ernie pic from my original Sesame Street Book and Reocord lp.
I think I had a missspelling on fozzie but I will Corect it.

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
Um... a puppet.

P.S. When "Great Muppet Caper" was first released, they had a display up at Universal with the actual puppets of Kermit, Gonzo and Fozzie in a hot air balloon basket. That's one way to display half-a-Fozzie. I had a picture of me standing in front of it. I wish I knew where that picture was.
I have a pic of myself with them! They had them at MGM a while ago.

The only Fozzie I didn't like was the short lived one with the overbite.....

rtgentry

Reaction score
Hey labrat, where are you on the fozzie poser? got any pics yet?

Lab Rat

Reaction score
i havent got past his skull yet i'm hoping to get him done soon i'll keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.