Kermit's poor bicycle skills

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the Ford Hybrid commercial, Kermit actually seemed to have trouble riding a bike, but he didn't have any accidents. In the other productiosn I mentioned, it was the other way around.

I know that Kermit rode a bike in Muppets On Wheels. Did he have any accidents there?

Speaking of these mentions of Kermit not driving a car, when Kermit hosted Extreme Makeover: Home Edition a few weeks ago, there was a scene where kermit was in a car, I think he was driving, and a kid said, "I didn't know Kermit could drive a car". I wonder if that kid saw the muppet movies, where other muppets drive but not Kermit.

ISNorden

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Well, I'm not sure if you were joking or not, but those accidents were planned. They were scripted. It's not like they went through the trouble of getting him on a bike, accidently had him have an accident, and chose not to do a retake.
The producers and directors know that someone staged the "accidents" Kermit had on his bike...but the audience is supposed to see them as the real thing. Literal-mindedness kills the fun of some movies...:smile:

ISNorden

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Speaking of these mentions of Kermit not driving a car, when Kermit hosted Extreme Makeover: Home Edition a few weeks ago, there was a scene where kermit was in a car, I think he was driving, and a kid said, "I didn't know Kermit could drive a car". I wonder if that kid saw the muppet movies, where other muppets drive but not Kermit.
Well, if Kermit's had a "life" off-camera (as most fictional characters do between movies), he's probably learned to drive. It's weird that he can handle those gas and brake pedals, though, if bike pedals give him trouble...

ISNorden

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Has anybody noticed that whenever Kermit rides a bicycle, he has some kind of bad luck?

[other examples snipped]

In The Muppet Movie, he had to hop off his bike at the last minute, right before it was run over by a steamroller.
I forgot what almost flattened Kermit; thanks for refreshing my memory though. :smile: "If frogs couldn't hop, I'd be gone with the Schwinn!" :embarrassed:

Ringlet

Reaction score
I always thought that his "poor bicycle skills" were totally adorable.

It is one of the thing that endears him to me. :flirt:

Andrew T

Reaction score
It's a bit hard for a frog to ride a bike in the right direction if it's been psychologically stunned by the presence of a nearby Froglegs billboard. :wink:

Dragon

Reaction score
If Kermit has poor bike riding skills.why cant he ride with traning wheels.

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
Have you ever just stared at a thread in disbelief and wondered: what kind of crowd have I fallen in with?

Oh, and Kermit has trouble bike-riding because he never learned as a child. There are no bike paths in the swamp.