Eye Ball's

wes

Reaction score
Does any one know what the henson folks use for the eye pupil, you know the black dots on the ping pong ball, I have been using Velcro Dots from the sewing store but they're too thick and I dont like the looks of the Velcro.
Not to mention that the Velcro gets caught on everything

Any help?

BryanS

Reaction score
Hi Wes,
I dont know about what the Henson folks use but I have used those googly eyes walmart sells. they come in different sizes. I cut them open and glue the plastic pupils on. I also have used black suede leather.
Hope that helps.

wes

Reaction score
Thanks, Bryan

Any more guys keep um comming

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
It's some kind of flat felt with an adhesive backing cut into a circle.

Years ago, I forgot what Muppet special it was they showed a Muppet builder cutting out the pupils for eyes on such a felt. On the flat felt he pressed against it some kind of hand punch for cutting out circles and hit it with a hammer,and it would cut out perfect circles in the felt.

Fabric stores do sell felt squares with an adhesive peel-off backing. It's not exactly what the Muppets use though, but fairly close.

You can search a fabric store for a circle punch that will cut out perfect circles. But make sure it's for fabric, and not for paper crafts.

I do believe the standard size for a generic muppet pupil is 9/16 of an inch in diameter.

Sometimes I wonder if they use this flat felt because it doesn't reflect light on the Muppet's eyes when on camera.

Lab Rat

Reaction score
it's sticky backed plastic with flocking on it you can buy it from craft stores i use it for my puppets i usually hair dry it when it's attached to the eye just to mould it round the ping pong ball or whatever i find they dont fall off that way.

Phantom

Reaction score
Electrical tape and a grommet tool (the part that cuts the hole)....

Phantom

Reaction score
*noticing all the funny looks I just got* What???

wes

Reaction score
I never thaught of that, but it would work:stick_out_tongue: :excited:

Yahnke

Reaction score
walmart sells little felt adhesive cirlces - they go on the bottom of chairs so that they don't scratch wood floors. Those things work great!

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
I have a puppet that someone made for me that uses the electrical tape for the pupils. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't conform to the shape of the ping pong ball perfectly so there are little gaps around the edges. Does the hairdryer trick work on electrical tape?