What kind of action will get SW's attention?

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Maybe you could contact the creator of the petition if an email's available...

I signed it. 1408 available now..( I accidently double posted there..)

Thijs

Reaction score
I won't sign this because of the spelling errors. Petitions like this give us a bad name.

BEAR

Reaction score
Thijs said:
I won't sign this because of the spelling errors. Petitions like this give us a bad name.

Yes, that is what I pointed out too. Is there any way we can correct the errors in the statement or we should just start an all new one.

Censored

Reaction score
Heck, I signed it. The spelling errors just make a stronger case that adults need to watch Sesame Street. LOL

Seriously, I just went to sign it, but had forgotten that my name was already there from several months ago. I didn't leave any comment then, but I was going to write that Classic Sesame Street is good for children and adults.

More important than spelling errors, is breaking the myth that classic Sesame Street is only good for nostalgic reasons and has nothing to offer today's children.

Rosewood

Reaction score
Regarding the spelling errors

This petition is not one that was personally written by me. I have e-mailed the person who originally put this petition out, but so far he hasn't contacted me back. If he does, this is an issue I will address with him. But if members of the forum would like to put out a more professional sounding petition of our own, I'm open for suggestions on drafts for the opening statement.

Mabey if we can get a really professional opening statement that you think would actually get SW's attention, the person who started this petition would be willing to combine his signatures with ours, concidering we are basically addressing the same subject here.

Rosewood

Reaction score
Well, heres why the spelling was off..........

Well, guys, if you want to know why the spelling was a bit off on the petition, here's why: That petition was written and put into motion over 5 YEARS ago by (get this!) a 13 YEAR OLD KID! (Concidering this, I'd say the spelling was actually pretty good!) And if this doesn't prove that it's not just us "First and Second Generation" people who want the older SS Episodes, I don't know what will. And think about this also: If SW can use Elmo in Washington, DC to keep congress from axing funds through embarassment, who's to say we couldn't use the same concept to get our older episodes back from SW by using a petition started by a kid fresh out of grade school!:embarrassed: (And he told me he did it all on his own, no influence included!)
All we need is a little publicity, like SW used in Washington. Think about it! :excited:

BEAR

Reaction score
That's amazing, Rose. So great you got in contact with him. Maybe he can still help us get this campaign going.

Rosewood

Reaction score
Well, it still lookes like it's up to us.......

Dear rose,
This is rather awkward for me to say but this petition is over five years
old and was made on a lark when I was 13 all the way back in 2000. You will
also notice numerous punctuation errors and grammar mistakes which even I
cannot correct from the petition software. I no longer have the original
link and am surprised the petition and the website are still around. You are
more then welcome to start a petition of your own by all means.

Regrettably you can't transfer signatures. I remember petitions online being
a very crude software and in all honesty you're better off trying to find
more sophisticated hosting services. I'm certain in five years consumer
online petitions have found more sophisticated solutions in functionality to
stuff PO doesn't even bother to address.

Once again good luck.

-Mike
This is a combination of the 2 responses I have received from the kid (who really isn't a "kid" anymore, concidering he's now 18!) who created the petition. I do think we may be able to still use it to make SW sweat a little if I can get him to finally send it to them, but if you want to use formal and professional means we are still going to have to prepare a petition of our own and get it going. I could create a basic opening statement and pass it by you guys for any productive criticism, corrections or changes you wish to add or deleate. Then, once we have a final "stamp of approval" here, we can use that opening statement to start getting signatures. We can also make it so it addresses any other concerns we may have, as well.
I will need some help from you guys, though, if were going to make this happen!

BEAR

Reaction score
I would say go along and write a new statement, then show it to us for feedback and suggestion. I would also recommend getting input from either Kevin (Fozzie Bear) or the Chapmans. They are good with words and getting points across intellegently. The Chapmans might be willing to get in on this considering they have a one year old at home. They would also have some great ideas as what to say. That is, of course, up to them though.
Let's get this ball rolling!

ssetta

Reaction score
Actually, from what I've heard, no company has ever paid attention to an online petition. I should know because a couple years ago, I actually started a petition to revive Sesame Street Unpaved on Noggin. I kept getting convinced by several people on MC, and the now-gone YesterdayLand forum, that petitions...don't...work. Wanna know why? Because several of the people who sign them just sign a bunch of times under a different name, which does not count. I know there was a petition for a Fraggle Rock DVD collection, and there is one now, but somehow, I don't think it was the petition that caused it to actually happen. It was just a coincidence.