Blues Clues question

Ryan

Reaction score
bezalel said:
For a good replica of the nose, here's an option:

Sculpt a nose out of Sculpey and bake it according to the directions. Since the Sculpey nose will more than likely be too heavy and/or too awkward to attach to the puppet, use Plasti Dip. Dip the nose in the Plasti Dip and build up a fairly thick coat around the Sculpey nose. Then slice it open from the back and carefully peel it off the Sculpey. I'd mix the blue and the black Plasti Dip to achieve the navy color of the nose. If you want the nose to be hard, brush some wood glue or epoxy on the inside (maybe several coats). if you want it to be soft, stuff it with some foam or fiberfill. Glue it to the head and your done.
That's a terrific idea, thanks for sharing.

puppetsmith

Reaction score
No problem. You can do the same thing for all kinds of noses. I was just thinking the process would be good for making Rowlf's nose, as there has been questions about that in another thread.

Ryan

Reaction score
bezalel said:
No problem. You can do the same thing for all kinds of noses. I was just thinking the process would be good for making Rowlf's nose, as there has been questions about that in another thread.
I assume custom eyes could be made in a similar way?

MGov

Reaction score
I've used Crayola Model Magic for noses and eyes and it works out great. It dries hard and light weight. The you spray it with a clear gloss finish. It comes in a variety of colors and you can mix and match to get it right.