Question about non-Muppet recording

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Hello.

When I was little, I had a certain children's tape that did not seem to be a Muppet production, but had a coupple of Muppet songs on it. The first song on the first side was the Pig Calipso with Piggy and Kermit. The last song on the first side was Mahna Mahna. It seemed to have been produced by an English or Australian company, because of the preformers' voices, but of course, I could be wrong about that. In any case, the songs mentioned were not the Muppet versions. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,
Kate

acappellasaurus

Reaction score
Yes yes! I do know something about this - it's really just a mental tickle I guess - but I remember having a vinyl record like this when I was a little kid, exactly as you described. I will call my parents and see what they rememember and maybe still have in possession.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, thanks! And welcome Acapelasaurus; I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

Tim

Reaction score
The show was so popular, there might have been sevreral out there like that. I had one from the famous "Peter Pan" label that did lot's of kid's records and popular sound-alikes. I think it was call "Muppet Music" or something like that. It was weird, since the voices were no where near the originals, and the music was a cheaper synthesized, but with the original arraingements. They would repeat the songs twice and fake a bridge, so it was like getting "doubles" to the songs.

Not sure if that's what you are asking about or not, but it's as much as I know.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Thanks Tim, but the thing that made mine so weird was that it seemed to have nothing to do with the muppets whatsoever, and just seemed to have those songs shoved in there randomly.

sudnam

Reaction score
I own the very record that you're talking about, and it is a Peter Pan Records album with pictures of a bunch of weird creatures that definitely aren't Muppets on the sleeve. I think I may have even taken it from my parents' house sometime recently. I'll look through my vinyl and see if it's in there. I might be able to snap a picture for you.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Heheh, don't bother taking a picture; I'm almost totally blind. Thanks for the offer and the information though.
Do you think you would be able to list some of the other songs on here though, just to confirm that it really is the same one?

Thanks,
Kate

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Breakthrough!

I don't know what compelled me to look up Peter Pan Records online last night, besides being in the midst of another one of my childhood item recovery tangents, but after a bit of searching, I found exactly what I was looking for! Well, almost. The songs I was looking for did indeed come from a Peter Pan record, specifically titled Animal House Sings and Plays Hits From the Muppet Movie and Sesame Street. The difference was that I had a cassette with only the two preveously mentioned songs on it, and no aplause tracks or introductions. So I figure what I had must have either been a Peter Pan compilation, or just a general bunch of kids songs, with those two just throne in. I was plesently surprised to find that not only was there a download link on one of the sites I found, but that it actually worked! You'll find it here:
http://wayoutjunk.blogspot.com/2007/06/animal-house-sings-plays-hits-from.html
Listening to it brought back some interesting memories!
:crazy: