MAYBE A SIGN of WHATS to COME

jobedo

Reaction score
In our area we have MEDIACOM as our DIGITAL TV and INTERNET provider and on video on demand they are offering "THE LION THE WITCH and the WARDROBE". When i went to film it i found it was made by The Childrens Television Workshop in 1979 If they are offering programs that old that
C T W made maybe they will begin having old Sesame ST as well
JOE

Rosewood

Reaction score
Have you found a way around it?

jobedo said:
In our area we have MEDIACOM as our DIGITAL TV and INTERNET provider and on video on demand they are offering "THE LION THE WITCH and the WARDROBE". When i went to film it i found it was made by The Childrens Television Workshop in 1979 If they are offering programs that old that
C T W made maybe they will begin having old Sesame ST as well
JOE
The last time I checked I was told the anything "on demand" was not recordable. Has there been a change?

jobedo

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
The last time I checked I was told the anything "on demand" was not recordable. Has there been a change?
I record on demand with out any trouble but maybe that will change when they have more on.
JOE

mikebennidict

Reaction score
let's not always get excited about SSU returning every time such things happen. is was probably a once in a life time thing and probably won't come about again.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The lion, The witch, and the wardrobe was just a special (though I've heard of a three part mini-series based on this book... is this Sesame Workshop-produced special the mini-series I'm thinking of?) and, unlike Sesame Street, not a series. Lot's of specials get broadcast on cable. I don't think we should compare The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe with Sesame Street.

goshposh

Reaction score
Labyrinth Fairy said:
in my opinion, I can not stand that movie and book! (lion etc)
i agree! finally someone else who hates those books

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I can't believe that anyone would hate The Chronicles of Narnia. I first saw the mini-series when I was 10 and loved it. I loved the book too and all the follow-ups when I read them.
On a different note, The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe was only the third CTW show I saw, after Sesame Street and The Electric Company. I don't remember much about TEC but I did notice one thing LWW had in common with SS; Part 1 starts off with Lucy coming out of the wardrobe and telling her three siblings about the land of Narnia, but they don't believe her, espcailly after she takes them to the wardobe and there's nothing there. It was like no grown-up believing Big Bird about Snuffle-Upagus. The diffrerence is, it only took Edmund later in part 1 to see that Lucy was telling the truth and it only took Peter and Susan part 2 to do so, and by that time, the professor had given them a sharp talking to about the possbility of Lucy being right.
By contrast, it took the grownups 15 years to see that Big Bird was telling the truth about Snuffle-Upagus!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Is anyone going to or already seen the new LW&W Movie. Sorry for going off topic.