Muppet cartoon by Lowercasegods

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Okay, this isn't going to be easy. I want to warn anyone who is content with Brian Henson's decision making in the past two years to please avoid this cartoon. I'm not out to offend anyone's sensibilities.

I drew this cartoon for my college paper back when Brian first sold the Muppets to Disney, and I've avoided posted it here for various reasons. But with his most recent interview, I've gotten the feeling that he's really lost all compassion and care for the Muppets. And given the lackluster way Disney's been handling the Muppets, it seems my cartoon's vision is pretty close to the truth. So for those who are less than pleased about Brian's handling of the whole situation, here's my cartoon. And I stress again, for those people who enjoy my work yet are happy with how things are going with the Muppets, for your own good, please don't view this link.

http://www.cm-life.com/vnews/display.v?TARGET=showImage&article_id=4035913f36e7a&image_num=1

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
You do GREAT artwork Lowercasegods!!!!!!!!!! :excited: More please!:wink:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Now that is funny! I loved it LCG. Keep them coming.

Timotheus

Reaction score
Uff da! Talk about biting commentary.
I like how you put the names on the arms...I know that's typical for political style cartoons, but it reminds me of the work of Thomas Nast.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Timotheus said:
Uff da! Talk about biting commentary.
I like how you put the names on the arms...I know that's typical for political style cartoons, but it reminds me of the work of Thomas Nast.
Wow! I consider such a comparison a real compliment! Nast is practically the father of American editorial cartooning. Thank you!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I like it. I think it makes a statement and I am definately not offended by it. You have some real talent lowercasegods. I always enjoy your cartoons political or not. Thanks for sharing it with us.

ISNorden

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
Okay, this isn't going to be easy. I want to warn anyone who is content with Brian Henson's decision making in the past two years to please avoid this cartoon. I'm not out to offend anyone's sensibilities.

I drew this cartoon for my college paper back when Brian first sold the Muppets to Disney, and I've avoided posted it here for various reasons. But with his most recent interview, I've gotten the feeling that he's really lost all compassion and care for the Muppets. And given the lackluster way Disney's been handling the Muppets, it seems my cartoon's vision is pretty close to the truth.
*nods* I don't want to start a flame war with my opinion of the Disney buyout or of Brian Henson's attitude; I remember the last time my posts turned people's temper ugly on this forum. Still, your cartoon expresses some Muppet fans' cynicism exceptionally well.