Is Anime Starting to Take Over?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It seems like anymore these days, animation is taking that quantem leap. I understand how no one wants to produce 2-D animation films anymore, but doesn't it seem like a vast majority of new animated TV series either are anime, or have gone anime, or is it just me?

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Oh, it's been like that for the past 5 years. I blame the Japanese! (Har har har... I'm not funny.)

jediX

Reaction score
Pure anime? No. I haven't seen any shows that have taken the EXACT style and format as the "true" animes that I've seen before but they do borrow (rip off) things here and there. The character appearance is slowly turning that way but I don't know if the plots are close (I would doubt it). I don't watch modern non-Simpsons/King of the Hill toons so I wouldn't know exactly how the plots differ, but from what I've seen, these anime for kids shows are much different in plot than the animes.

I do believe that there will still be a market and existence of "traditional" 2d animation but it will never be of the same style of the past because it simply is cheaper to do it by computer than to hire animators. I'd be interested in hearing Guillermo's (boober_gorg) opinion on this topic.

Xerus

Reaction score
I'm kind of worried that if networks keeping airing anime shows, American cartoonists will be out of work.

superfan

Reaction score
I'll probably be ostracized fromt he anime community forever, but there are so many anime shows I can't tell which one is which! Beyblade, Yu-Gi-Oh.... nope. All the same to me. Sailor Moon was the only one I ever watched...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I used to watch the original Poke'mon for the longest time...until they started added new characters, and hundreds of new Poke'mon, it was hard to keep up!

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i love that directer disney has whats his name one secend

miyazaki

s
alor moon was a little werid to me

superfan

Reaction score
Yeah, SM was good for young preteens or old creepy men.