Is Anime Starting to Take Over?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Anime is fresh, so it's popular.

But as for the whole 3d versus 2d, 2d is where it's AT.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I love 2d nimation. The Real Ghostbusters, Darkwing Duck, He-Man, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Care Bears, Transformers, Garfield and Friends, G.I. Joe, Pound Puppies, Popples, Denver The Last Dinosaur, and other shows like that were great way back when cartoons were cartoons.

Anime and all the current cartoon shows are pure crap, except for Justice League. It's like nobody cares about making fantastic cartoons anymore like how they were back in the 80's. Man I wish it was 1980 right now so I could go through 10 good years worth of cartoons and other great stuff........

ryan

Labyrinth Fairy

Reaction score
superfan said:
Yeah, SM was good for young preteens or old creepy men.
actually I know a lot of adults who watch sailor moon
sailor moon, inuyasha, cowboy bebop, trigun, tokyo mew mew, fruits basket, big o, pokemon, dragonball z and many more! those are the top anime on my list.

Xela

Reaction score
I guess I like anime, but I do miss old shows that I used to watch when I was little. Like, for example, all those Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies cartoons...they like, don't come on anymore; and Tom & Jerry ones are getting harder to find, though I hear they come on Cartoon Network on Sundays.

But when I was little, I used to watch all those animated cartoons on Disney Channel, and when I got a little older, Nickelodeon was really gaining popularity. But now everyone wants to emulate the anime style, and while I do like it, it just seems like nothing is original anymore. I miss my old cartoons. :sympathy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
While were on the subject, isn't it sad how some of your everyday newspaper funnies are bein adapted into adult cartoon series? On comic strip also went anime as well.

Labyrinth Fairy

Reaction score
I still love the anime style. I much prefer the japanese anime/hello kitty style than anyother animation style. but hey, that's me :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Labyrinth Fairy said:
I still love the anime style. I much prefer the japanese anime/hello kitty style than anyother animation style. but hey, that's me :smile:
You sound like someone I once went to school with.