World's Ugliest Dog Dies at 14

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
The pooch died Friday, just short of his 15th birthday,
``I don't think there'll ever be another Sam,'' Susie Lockheed said, adding: ``Some people would think that's a good thing.''

Sam won the ugliest dog contest at the Sonoma-Marin Fair this summer for the third year in a row. The pedigreed Chinese crested had made appearances on TV in Japan, radio in New Zealand and in Britain's Daily Mirror tabloid. He also had met Donald Trump on a talk show set.

Lockheed said she initially was terrified of Sam when she agreed to take him in as a rescue dog six years ago on a 48-hour trial basis. Although she fell in love with him, his appearance repulsed her then-boyfriend and prompted the man to break up with her.

Later, however, Sam became a matchmaker by bringing together Lockheed and her current beau, who saw a picture of the two on an online dating site.

Lockheed said she had Sam euthanized after she learned Sam's heart was failing.

She said she's felt a little lost ever since, and is sleeping with Sam's favorite toy - a stuffed bear he picked up and carried home.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And I thought Josie Lawrence was just about the ugliest thing I ever saw.

Xela

Reaction score
That is one scary dog. And I love dogs. Still, even though it's going to give me nightmares, it's still sad that it died...

Labyrinth Fairy

Reaction score
yup I have seen that link before. he is totally real.:smile: but when he was in that santa outfit, you can't help but think he was cute:smile: