Going in for surgery

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh dear jedi, I can't believe I didn't see this before! I hope you're alright, and you're in my prayers my friend. Get well soon!

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Hey all, Matt just called me, and says that everything went well with the surgery. (We dont live that far away from eachoter.) :smile: Hes in pain, but thats expected. Hope you feel better Matt. You can call anytime you need, you know that. Love ya buddy. *hugs*:flirt: You will be in my prayers, as always.

I wanna make sure some of you see this, so I will PM you (like Kevin and such)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got the PM. Sure am glad he's recovering!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hooray! :excited: That's great that he's getting better! Hope you get back to us soon jedi! :smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear the surgery went well. I've been thinking about you, Matt! Hope you have a great recovery!
Erin

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well! Thanks for the updated KrazedMuppet!

Anyway, Matt, when you read this, hope you're feeling better real soon and I'm praying for a speedy recovery for you!

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Update

Matt's having a rough recovery, things are going slow. The doctor said about 5 months to recover, however it looks like it may be more than that.

"I've made no progress and its the same if not worse. It's going to take a while." - Matt

So keep Matt in your thoughts and prayers everyone.

Camellia

Reaction score
hi, good luck and best wishes. If you take care of yourself and have good doctors and good care, you should be fine. :smile:

drop me a line when you are up to it and we'll write about the Jim Henson Hour episodes on your website. :smile:

cheers,
Camellia

jediX

Reaction score
Hey, everyone. I managed to find a moment to get on to post an update.

Recovery has slow, if at all existent. The wound from surgery was left open to reduce the risk of redevelopment of the cyst, which happened to be the size of a golf ball. I could hardly believe it when they told me. The first few days were horrible and I slept through most of them. Earlier this week I began to be able to walk for longer periods of time, but it is all touch-and-go, really.

The only way I can do remotely anything is if I take meds but they're moving me off the percocet and onto vicodin next week, so I'll probably be in a bit more pain for a while. Without the meds, the only position I can be in without excruciating pain is to lay on my stomach, which is very uncomfortable. The pain is very similar to what it was like when it was infected, but at least I have some powerful painkillers to help me through it.

I can't say I'm doing well, but then again I can't say I'm doing terrible. Christina (my gf) has been a very helpful spirit boost. I don't think I could have recovered the little bit that I have if it hadn't been for her support and all that.

The meds are wearing off so I'm going back to resting. I hope to be back in action as soon as I can, but with the med switch, I might be completely down for several days. See you all soon.

Note to Cameilla: I have replied to your email. Feel free to contact me further if you need any more info.

-Matt