New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
welcome belladonna! looking forward to getting to know you on the forums! :smile: during what Sesame Street "era" did you grow up? I watched during the age of Elmo (early-mid '90s) but didn't come to appreciate SS until I was much older.

Nikkyvampi

Reaction score
Muppet lover for sure!

:smile: I have loved The Muppets for as long as I can remember! I was introduced to them by my mom when I was 3-years-old and since then I have loved them always! I think I have probably seen every muppet movie ever made :smile: And now I'm beginning to collect the dvds with the episodes of the TV Show!
I think the muppet family is simply wonderful!

Grovette

Reaction score
Season's Greetings!

Hiya all!

New gal on the board. I've been a lifelong fan of Jim Henson's Muppets!
My earliest memories include Sesame Street and The Muppet Show.
Sesame Street was like a second home to me. Henson's been in my life for 30 yrs.

What's awesome is that my 1st birthday party's theme was Kermit the Frog.
Cool, eh? :cool:

My heart was broken when Mr. Henson passed on. Still vividly remember hearing the news. :cry:
That was back in the Jr. High days when both he and Dr. Seuss left us.

Anyhoo, I love all of Henson's works. Love the Muppet movies up to Muppet Treasure Island.
And gotta love those cute, fuzzy critters like Fizzgig and Bean Bunny.

Grover's my all-time fave from Sesame Street. Not the same without being voiced by Oz.
I love Guy Smiley and Dr. Teeth, but I feel that they passed on with Henson.

Just watched 'Elmo's Christmas Countdown' the other day.
Not bad, not great. Son enjoyed it tho'...loved the Christmas counter downer. :excited:

Cheers!

Moi MoN ChEriE

Reaction score
Oops!

Moi forgot to tell a little about moi-self! Um...I have been a muppet fan since I was born! Yep! I was born in 1976, the same year the muppet show first aired and I used to keep my Mommy awake crying until I got to stay up and watch The Muppet Show. This is as told to me by my Mom of course. Then when I was old enough to talk, I began begging for a muppet collection. I got my first 1976, Fisher Price Kermit when I was only 4 for Christmas, it was accidentally given to me from my Aunt, it was supposed to be my Brothers! But I held onto my Kermie so tightly, no one had the heart to take him away from me! Then the next Christmas, my Brother got the new dress up Kermit and moi got my dress up Miss Piggy! I took very good care of them and groomed them often. Kermie always got a shave and I brushed his tongue and Miss piggy always got her hair washed and set. I held onto her original clothes and until recently, she was complete, but her head dress was stolen, perhaps my cat took it? It has vanished! :0( So sad!

To continue the story, my Brother's dress up Kermie and my 1976 Kermit would always hang out and play together but then one day tragedy struck when a mosquito landed onto his eyeball! Terrified, and fearful for his life, my Brother took a large rock and tried to kill the mosquito, breaking off Kermie's eyeball! The horror! We were both crying and scremaing! We both mourned the accident for a year. So then my Brother got a brand new Dress Up Kermit for the next Christmas and he named him Louie! So now we had three Kermit dolls and a Piggy. We called the one-eyed Kermie "Medium Sized Kermie" and contiued to play with him as a character. Then on Easter, my Brother got the Beanbag Kermit and named him "Little Kermie" and then there were four Kermit dolls.

So, now every time The Muppet Show would come on, we had to line up all of our Muppets in front of the TV and wait for our favorite skit! MUPPETS IN SPACE! We loved that short skit so much! I don't know why but it was our favorite part of the Muppet Show and it still remains exciting for us to this day! The story of our little band of muppets continues though and tradgedy would strike our band of frogs again!

We moved to a new house in a different town and there was this stray dog named Bandit and he used to steal our toys and hide them in his lair, but we were too afraid of him to retrieve the things he had stolen. He had already stolen my Straw Berry Short Cake Baby Doll and then he took my Brother's Middle-Sized Kermie, the one with only one eye! Well, my Brother got up the nerve one day and tried to get them back for us, but the dog scared him away. It wasn't until the neighbor called the animal shelter to come out and take him away that we saw the carnage!

My Brother got back our dolls for us but they both had their heads ripped off. So while I was at school and my Bro was playing hooky, he sewed both their heads back on and washed them up. He surprised me when I came home. He even used Straw Berry Shampoo to wash my dolly's hair! So now we had our Middle Kermie back once again! All was right in frog land!

We used to play and make them apartments out of two end tables and we could play "frogs" for hours! No kidding! All of our frogs would run away from Miss Piggy of course! The smartest Kermie was little Kermie and he would have all the ideas and the dumbest one was my big Kermit! He would just go along with the other frog's schemes!

So I grew up, but my Kermit remained my favorite child hood doll. My Piggy remained in excellent condition because she just liked to get her hair washed and set at my beauty salon. I got a super sized Kermit at an amusement park once (The big one holding the candy cane) but he has since vanished! I am sick about not knowing where he is. I have seasons one a two of the Muppet show now and I'm just starting to watch season two because I got it for Christmas! Weeee! I just saw my first episode of Muppets In Space on DVD last night! I actually couldn't sleep and wanted to get up and watch more but I didn't want to wake everyone up! LOL!

PS. My Brother used to call me Piggy when I was a kid, I think because I kind of look like her with blonde hair and a turned up nose and was pudgy. I still might look like her? LOL! When I do my make-up, I do it just like Piggy's! No one notices and I look hot! She has style! My hair is the envy of everyone and they don't know that I use Miss Piggy as my role model! Isn't that funny? Everyone thinks I look like Barbie! Ha ha ha! I now have my bangs just like hers and when she didn't have bangs, my hair was all one length too! I also keep it the perfect shade of Piggy Blonde! She stays trendy and so do I!

*Oh yeah, I also have a Muppet Action Figure Collection. I never keep them in their original boxes so I can play with them. I hate to keep Muppets in boxes! Also, no one can make you take them back to the toy store once they're unwrapped! They're in my lair forever now! LOL! Except for my giant Kermit who was kidnapped! >cry<

Love Kermie Always,

Mon Cherie, AKA: Piggy

themuppets4ever

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself.

My name is Robyn and I'm 18. I've always loved The Muppets and Sesame Street. I used to watch Sesame Street everyday as a child. Now I enjoy watching and collecting videos of The Muppets. My favourite film is The Muppets Christmas Carol. I love Kermit, Gonzo, Rowlf and Elmo. I'm also a big Andrea Bocelli, Audrey Hepburn and Michael Schumacher fan.

dragonfly

Reaction score
Howdy Y'all from Texas!

I have been a member of the forum for a while, but did not even look the whole thing over. Sorry!
So here is my belated, official hello.

"Hello"

Dragonfly

Belladonna

Reaction score
welcome belladonna! looking forward to getting to know you on the forums! :smile: during what Sesame Street "era" did you grow up? I watched during the age of Elmo (early-mid '90s) but didn't come to appreciate SS until I was much older.
I was watching SS in the early to mid 80s. I grew up with very little Elmo. My SS time consisted of Big Bird, Snufflelupagus (sp?), Oscar and Grover. <333 I love me some Oscar. I saw the films--the specific SS one at the museum for example--and I think I have that recorded somewhere.

Since I never really liked Elmo, I never watched anymore SS when I got older.

Wickerness

Reaction score
Hello there.

I've been a fan of the Muppets pratically all my life. I was born in '72 and watched Sesame Street and later on The Muppet Show. When we had HBO we watched Fraggle Rock.
Fozzie was always my favorite and we had a plush Fozzie and plush Kermit (they're still at my mother's).

Now I'm actually considering making some puppets. At first I wanted one that was just like on the show (probably made by someone else), but now I want to make something original. Because I think I will appreciate it more if I make it myself. That and I don't think I could imitate any of the established characters very well. So it would be better to make one of my own.
The one inspiration is that I would like to make something like the Anything Muppets or Whatnots. Not copying them, but have changeable features like them. That way I'm not locked into one look or I can get more than one character out of the puppet.

crystaljade

Reaction score
I'm Crystal-Jade!

Hi there! I'm an illustration/animation student based in London at the moment. But I've always snuck off to do set building and puppetry! The work of Jim Henson is a craft, which I hope to keep alive by working hard and finding a job somewhere in there one day.I enjoy martial arts and theatre, and taking long arduous walks in forrests! I'm very glad to meet you all. :smile:

ps, a very special little friend wants to know if there is a Secret life of Toys dvd, and where to buy it from? Thanks!

luvdalz68

Reaction score
I love Muppets!

Hi! I have loved the Muppets ever since I was a kid. My favorite Henson films are the Dark Crystal and Labyrinth. I also loved the Muppet Show. I can't wait for the DC sequel to come out! I saw the new pic of Kira - WHOA! She got old! Where is Jen? I hope he's still in this movie. I hope they had lots of kids. Can't wait!