The Christmas Toy & Santa Claus Switch

Jamesman

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

A couple years ago, I spotted copies of The Christmas Toy on VHS in the bargain bin at the Christmas Tree Shop, for $1.00. I thought about buying it, but figured "Nah. VHS is dying, and I'm sure this is on DVD."

Except it wasn't. And isn't. And now I see the VHS copies selling for $30 for Collector's purposes. :/

Anyway, I was just wondering if there might be any hope for these two movies to come out on DVD eventually. If not, what is the problem? It'd just be nice to see The Christmas Toy again (they used to show it on the Disney Channel, but not anymore), and to finally see The Great Santa Claus Switch. :/

muppetsforever

Reaction score
peeeeuuuuu it's mew

I have not seen the christmas toy on DVD and would really like it. When i was younger, we recorded the orginal brodcast of the Christmas Toy (with out comercial interuptions :big_grin: ), but somehow the tape got used for another movie recording ( thanks Lyndsay :mad: ) i think it was "Anne" (blah). Anyway, a few years ago i did see the same movie on VHS and did buy it.

Nothing like being a late 20-somthing "kid" who still likes to watch her muppet movies with her kermit dolls :wink:

if i see them on DVD, ill let ya know

abiraniriba

Reaction score
I just saw the Great Santa Claus Switch at Tough Pigs I was not around when it was first shown by Ed Sullivan and unfortunately I don't think Ed's estate is going to cerate a DVD of it although it would be nice as I understand it is the muppet first appearance with my cousin :concern: