Muppet Family Christmas on TV this year?

thefozz

Reaction score
Lone Wolf said:
But that's not the reason it's edited. It's edited because they couldn't secure the rights to use some of the songs on the video/DVD release that they could use when it aired on TV. So they had to cut these scenes out. I have a copy of the video. I've never seen the TV version, but I could still tell where they cut stuff out. It was glaringly obvious, particularly with the Muppet Babies song.
Do you know what songs were cut? I've got a VHS copy of a recent TV broadcast, and I can't say I found there are any scenes that instantly stand out as being obviously cut (ie: the babies song)

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
thefozz said:
Do you know what songs were cut? I've got a VHS copy of a recent TV broadcast, and I can't say I found there are any scenes that instantly stand out as being obviously cut (ie: the babies song)
When you say you've got a "VHS copy of a recent TV broadcast" do you mean it was taped of TV? If so, then that would explain why you didn't think anything was cut. I guess I didn't make it clear the first time:

Whenever it's aired on TV, nothing is cut. It airs in its entirety

BUT...

If you buy a copy of it, either at a store or on a site like amazon, scenes will be cut.

thefozz

Reaction score
Lone Wolf said:
When you say you've got a "VHS copy of a recent TV broadcast" do you mean it was taped of TV? If so, then that would explain why you didn't think anything was cut. I guess I didn't make it clear the first time:

Whenever it's aired on TV, nothing is cut. It airs in its entirety

BUT...

If you buy a copy of it, either at a store or on a site like amazon, scenes will be cut.
Yes, my copy is from a broadcast on YTV 2 or 3 years back.
So what has been cut from the commercially released version? was it ever released to DVD?

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
I have the oringal broadcast still on VHS. It is in poor quality. Recently I made a DVD of it.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Anyone who has this recorded from TV is lucky, you'll never see it released complete on DVD or VHS. All the commercial releases are edited and always will be.

dbarrie

Reaction score
MFC doesn't appear to be airing in Canada this year. Fortunately I've got the R2 edition (with fewer edits) on DVD. I watched it last week.

DB

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
The Oddessy Channle which is now the Hallmark Channle used to play MFC but had diffrent smaller edits i think. I don't know about it ever being complete on DVD, i mean would have to be an agreement for all the companies? but about the song rights, maybe Disney already owns those songs but would have to work it out to release them on a MFC dvd? i don't know i can't say for sure. just a guess.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
dbarrie said:
MFC doesn't appear to be airing in Canada this year. Fortunately I've got the R2 edition (with fewer edits) on DVD. I watched it last week.

DB
I think this is the first time in a long time that it hasn't aired in Canada. In recent years, it aired on YTV. I guess maybe the rights to air the special ran out or something like that. It's a shame since unless you have a taped copy, it was the only place you had to watch the special unedited.