Puppeteer identification help

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
At the beginning of the behind-the-scenes special "Down at Fraggle Rock", during the filming of "The Rock Goes On" from the episode "The Honk of Honks", there is a prominently seen background puppeteer performing one of the Inkspots (the little bulgy-eyed background singer characters, also seen in "Muppet Christmas Carol"). This puppeteer is a man with shoulder-length dark hair and big glasses, and seemingly a low voice judging by his "bum-ba-bum-bum ba-diddy" bassline singing in this number.

Anyone know who this puppeteer is?

Side note: I only just remembered the picture of the Gorg body puppeteers in "The Works": Trish Leeper, Rob Mills, and Gord Robertson are pictured, as well as Ma Gorg's voice in Season One, Myra Fried (why she left after the first season I don't know). Leeper also played Tosh Fraggle, Boober's quasi-love interest; Mills was Mokey's pet plant, Lanford; and Robertson was sports-loving Rompel Fraggle, who always wore an aviator's hat and goggles and coached a rock hockey team, the Rompel Roustabouts, that rivalled Gobo's team, called Gobo's Gorgbusters.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
David,

Off the top of my head, it may be Tom Vandenberg (sp?). I'd have to check my cast notes, but that may be what you were looking for. I believe his run on the show as a puppeteer was rather brief, IIRC. I don't quite know why though. ...are you sure it isn't Rob Mills or Gordon Robertson then, because I could be wrong...?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
PukkaPukka said:
David,

Off the top of my head, it may be Tom Vandenberg (sp?). I'd have to check my cast notes, but that may be what you were looking for. I believe his run on the show as a puppeteer was rather brief, IIRC. I don't quite know why though. ...are you sure it isn't Rob Mills or Gordon Robertson then, because I could be wrong...?
Well, I've seen what Mills and Robertson look like. Robertson appears in the special when he's suiting up to play Pa Gorg. Vanderburg was on the show in Season One, don't know about subsequent seasons.

It could be one of the late-arriving puppeteers, like Mike Petersen or Frank Meschkuleit. Maybe it's Bob Stutt or John Pattison.

EDIT: just checked Chris's Fraggle Rock Page for the end credits set and Pattison wasn't in "The Honk of Honks", so it's gotta be Petersen, Meschkuleit, or Stutt.

Collgoff

Reaction score
At the beginning of the behind-the-scenes special "Down at Fraggle Rock", during the filming of "The Rock Goes On" from the episode "The Honk of Honks", there is a prominently seen background puppeteer performing one of the Inkspots (the little bulgy-eyed background singer characters, also seen in "Muppet Christmas Carol"). This puppeteer is a man with shoulder-length dark hair and big glasses, and seemingly a low voice judging by his "bum-ba-bum-bum ba-diddy" bassline singing in this number.

You know I ask Terry Anguss the same question about the first voice of Ma Gorg.
Just go to Fraggle Rock Questions for Terry Anguss and you'll find the anzwar
Anyone know who this puppeteer is?

Side note: I only just remembered the picture of the Gorg body puppeteers in "The Works": Trish Leeper, Rob Mills, and Gord Robertson are pictured, as well as Ma Gorg's voice in Season One, Myra Fried (why she left after the first season I don't know). Leeper also played Tosh Fraggle, Boober's quasi-love interest; Mills was Mokey's pet plant, Lanford; and Robertson was sports-loving Rompel Fraggle, who always wore an aviator's hat and goggles and coached a rock hockey team, the Rompel Roustabouts, that rivalled Gobo's team, called Gobo's Gorgbusters.

Borples

Reaction score
I thought I'd bump this and see if anyone new has an answer. I just noticed this guy recently. Usually, I'm too busy watching the main Fraggle performers and Jim and Richard. Whoever he is, I like him. He looks like he's having a fabulous time going "bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum." :smile:

I tell you what, the first few minutes of Down at Fraggle Rock have got to be some of my favorite moments ever committed to film. We get to see everyone performing a big musical number, bopping around and contorting themselves to get the puppets in their places. Richard directing and Jim looking over his shoulder. Steve sings along to the track; Jerry doesn't. Whatshisname bum-bum-bumming it up. Dave and Steve dancing Boober and Wembley around in a circle and laughing. Karen with her big smile, looking, as always, like being Red makes her so happy. I love it and I wish there were more of it!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Figured it out, it is Rob Mills.

Borples

Reaction score
Great, thank you! Funny, I didn't think he looked like either of his pictures on the wiki. But then, I tend to recognize people by their hair.

Borples

Reaction score
Heh, if I'd waited a couple of days, I wouldn't have had to ask. I just got the S4 extras DVD via Netflix, and watched the whole thing today. The extended interview with Rob Mills, Gord Robertson and Trish Leeper is amazing. Now I have this urge to go back and watch the entire second half of the series just to do some Inkspot spotting. :smile: