MuppetFest: Discuss Original and Your Dreams

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Suppose there were some conversations going on in the background of things? Keep chatting, though. Would be good to see the interests being peaked!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
unclematt said:
That sounds great except there would be alot of up front costs that I dont know if us Muppites (a while back we did vot on Muppites, right?) would be able to afford. Cost is always the first obstacle and it is a big one at that.
That's actually not as difficult as you might think. Think of the sponsors you could get if you could gaurantee a certain amount of people going to the convention. And, besides that, imagine the price of a ticket if the companies put one together! Now, I didn't go to the original, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't cheap. If everyone were willing to donate a certain amount to site rental and the cost to take care of all the guests invited (Muppeteers, writers, directors, builders, etc.), you might find it would actually cost less than MuppetFest 1. After all, we're not expecting to make a profit off of it the way I'm sure the original did.

unclematt

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
That's actually not as difficult as you might think. Think of the sponsors you could get if you could gaurantee a certain amount of people going to the convention. And, besides that, imagine the price of a ticket if the companies put one together! Now, I didn't go to the original, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't cheap. If everyone were willing to donate a certain amount to site rental and the cost to take care of all the guests invited (Muppeteers, writers, directors, builders, etc.), you might find it would actually cost less than MuppetFest 1. After all, we're not expecting to make a profit off of it the way I'm sure the original did.
Maybe it is more feasable than I thought

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Now, I didn't go to the original, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't cheap. .
I think my gold ticket which included the Live Muppet Show was $300, outside of the normal expense of hotel and airfare.

unclematt

Reaction score
Was there anything higher than a Gold Ticket

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Movie stars got to sit on the front row--don't remember who. I was focused on getting to my heroes: Dave, Steve, Jerry Nelson...

unclematt

Reaction score
Disney is going to turn this all around I have faith in them

beaker

Reaction score
unclematt said:
Disney is going to turn this all around I have faith in them
Let's just say you won't hear any more whiny complaints or rants from me anymore...some pretty big muppety things are in the works. (some of which has been subtly hinted at, even by the frog himself)