I thought I saw my dad today

Erine81981

Reaction score
(((((HUGGING)))))) Is one of my favoirte things to do. So there you go Kathy. (((Hugs))) (((((((HUGS))))))))

Rosewood

Reaction score
I still talk to my son..........

Big hug, Katzi! ((((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))
You know, what Bear said is very true. There is nothing wrong with or crazy about talking to someone after they have passed on. My little son passed away over 5 years ago, and, to this day, I still make frequent entries in the journal I started for him. Expressing your feelings to someone you have lost, in any form, is a very theraputic way of dealing with the grief brought about by their passing.

spcglider

Reaction score
I'm too reserved a Minnesotan to hug someone I don't know, but I can say this,

What you've experienced is very common and you should not be distressed by it. In fact, you should be happy it is happening. It is quite normal.

My father passed away last Summer after a very long decline into Parkinson's Disease. From time to time I have the same thing as you do.

Accept it as your father's spirit, energy, what-have-you simply reminding you how much you loved him and how much he loved you.

And Rosewood, from my universal point of view, talking to someone who has passed on is helpful as well. Mainly because I believe that their energy has simply rejoined the rest of the amazing infinite bio-tronic clockwork soup that we all spring from. They're still here... and who says they can't hear us? I'm sure that if it is helpful to us to express ourselves to them, even if they can't hear us, they wouldn't mind.

Many culture believe that those who pass before us are constantly listening and watching. Who are we to say they are wrong?

-Gordon

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kathy, I've tried to steer clear of this thread, because I no longer know what to say, or how to make you feel better through your hard times, and I felt because of that, I would only make this thread even worse. I wish I knew what more I could do for you as a friend to cheer you up, but I'm at a loss. I'm still sorry about your dad, and I still hope and pray that everything will pull through for not just you, but your entire family as well.

All I can think of to do now is give you lots of hugs, and believe me if you were standing next to me right now, I'd give you the biggest hug I could, but right now, I think you'll just have to settle with this...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{KATHY!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Katzi428

Reaction score
Thanks very much everyone. I'm OK now. I'll have good days & bad days. (which is normal)
spc , (Gordon)...you said "Many culture believe that those who pass before us are constantly listening and watching. Who are we to say they are wrong?" You're right about that. I feel my dad's spirit with me often.My sympathy on the loss of your dad.
Rosewood, my sympathy on the loss of your son as well.
Grief takes time,but I've heard each day gets easier & easier.I'm probably going to join a grief counseling group at my church. (technically it's for widows & widowers,but I'm pretty sure they'll let me in even though I haven't lost a spouse)
Thank you again
(((HUGS to those that want to accept them)))))

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
((((HUGZ)))) Talk to him all you want........I am not sure you if have ever watched or heard of Sylvia Browne (on Montel Williams' show) but she does say that our relatives are still with us in spirit and they do like when we talk to them. I see nothing wrong with it and I do it myself....so if you are crazy....so am I!

~angela

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm pretty certain the whole forum a few sandwiches short of a picnic. :wink:

Katzi428

Reaction score
sugarbritchez said:
((((HUGZ)))) Talk to him all you want........I am not sure you if have ever watched or heard of Sylvia Browne (on Montel Williams' show) but she does say that our relatives are still with us in spirit and they do like when we talk to them. I see nothing wrong with it and I do it myself....so if you are crazy....so am I!

~angela
Yep...I've heard of Sylvia Browne (and once in a blue moon I watch Montel) A friend (actually she's a former friend now...long story) suggested I get Sylvia Browne's book.So I'll see .
Here's something comforting(I may have said it before in here so if I'm repeating myself,excuse me):
About a week before Christmas a club that I'm in had a Christmas party. I was asked to lead in the singing (I was told that they thought my voice was pretty!:embarrassed: ) So I did. My dad's side of the family was very musical & I could feel my dad,my grandmother & my grandfather with me as I was singing!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I'm pretty certain the whole forum a few sandwiches short of a picnic. :wink:
Speak for yourself,buster!:stick_out_tongue:
(Uh...your signature smells like nose putty? Sah-ree...I'm muffining here)

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
Speak for yourself,buster!:stick_out_tongue:
(Uh...your signature smells like nose putty? Sah-ree...I'm muffining here)
And you're muffining your own thread! I do that all the time....ok sorry, um...want a glass of milk to go with that muffin?