The King and the Letter P

bigbird

Reaction score
This was a funny one with me. A story I think that was narrated(and illustrated) by either Bob, Maria, or Luis. I think it involved a king who for some reason, outlawed anything in his kingdom that began with the letter P. Ultimately, because of his infamous ruling, the villagers deemed it necessary to tear down the kings Palace(catch on)? When he realized his mistake, he changed his mind quickly the opposite way. Anyone remember why he outlawed the letter P? I forgot.

Rosewood

Reaction score
bigbird said:
This was a funny one with me. A story I think that was narrated(and illustrated) by either Bob, Maria, or Luis. I think it involved a king who for some reason, outlawed anything in his kingdom that began with the letter P. Ultimately, because of his infamous ruling, the villagers deemed it necessary to tear down the kings Palace(catch on)? When he realized his mistake, he changed his mind quickly the opposite way. Anyone remember why he outlawed the letter P? I forgot.
It was Luis reading a storybook. And the story was about King Peter the Persnickety, who, after getting pricked by a porcupine, then pelted by a ping-pong ball, all in the same morning, decided to ban anything starting with the letter P from his kingdom. Needless to say, he looses nearly everything dear to him, including his palace and his little princess, and is on the verge of being kicked out himself because of his name, when he decides to recall that proclaimation (er, uh, "command") about things starting with the letter P.:stick_out_tongue:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
what was so funny was when Luis said something something possitivly peachy, the king says and prickly to Luis and looks back puzzled.

Xerus

Reaction score
I also remember a chef made the king a peanut butter and pickle pizza. But a lacky pushed the chef and the pizza away from the king.

That dish sounds like something only Oscar would enjoy.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
you know I was bothered by that and the daughter being taken away. not that it upset me badly but it really angered me.

Rosewood

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
you know I was bothered by that and the daughter being taken away. not that it upset me badly but it really angered me.
The whole reason the Pizza, the Princess, and eventually the whole Palace were all taken away was simply to re-enforce the Proclomation that the king had just made to ban anything that started with P from his kingdom. Makes Perfect sense to most People, even if they're Pint-sized.:stick_out_tongue:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Come on, People. Let's not get Personal. Let it Pass.:embarrassed:

ssetta

Reaction score
I remember watching this on Home Video, and I also heard it on a record album. And for the video, they actually re-did the whole part with Luis telling the story, so it looked newer.