The two girls, the tea set and the cat

bigbird

Reaction score
I hope someone can help me remember this one. It was really cute and involved a cat, 2 real life girls(not muppets), a tea set, and I think perhaps a doll house too. The theme of the skit had to do with the number 2 I think and featured an unseen woman singing about the scenes that were illustrated while singing of the number 2 at the same time. Part of the song went like this:
Girl: "1, 2"(pointing to 2 dolls)
Singer: "2 sleepy heads"
Girl: "1, 2"(pointing to 2 tiny beds)
Singer: "2 little beds"
That part of the song is all I remember, but then when the cat came in, the singer sung:
Singer: "What's that small pitter pat!"
The cat came in and I think started messing up the tea set that the 2 girls had set up(in the dollhouse?) The girls were laughing hysterically over what the cat was doing.The final line of the song went something like this...
Singer:frown:partially) "All sat down and had some tea"
Im sure someone has to remember this one. I would really love to know how the rest of that song went and what the other scenes showed. I surprise myself over how much I actually remember of this one at all. Please help!!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that! This was always one of my favorites when I was growing up.

Rosewood

Reaction score
That has always been a favorite clip of mine!

I remember first seeing that back when I was 3 years old. I immediatly fell in love with it and remember telling my parents how I wanted a dollhouse just like that for my birthday, and nothing else! Little did I know, back then, that there are only 2 dollhouses "exactly" like that in the entire world. I read an article a few years ago, written by one of the upper management people at SW (I wish I could remember who), and, according to her, she has got tons of requests for info. on how to get plans for that dollhouse. She said she is sad that she always has to dissapoint people when she tells them that they don't exist anymore. Her Grandfather custom-made it when she was a little girl (in fact, she is one of the girls in the clip!). I don't know if she still has it or not, but there was only one other model of it that has ever existed, also made by her grandfather. I wish I could find a copy of that article again so I could remember who it was that wrote it!

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
That was classic Sesame Street

copyright 1970.

That would put those little girls at around....40, 41 by now !!

*** If you want a DVD copy of this film, it's on LEARNING ABOUT NUMBERS, with Count and the Honkers on the cover.

Rosewood

Reaction score
If you want a DVD copy for nearly nothing, it's included in that 4 hr. DVD compilation I have at the end of my trade list. All I ask is 2 DVD-R disks,(one to put your copy on and one as payment), and a pre-paid postage stamped envelope to return your copy in. For anyone who loves classic SS, this is a great chance to get some good old nostalgia, no strings attached!:smile:

bigbird

Reaction score
Boober...thank you so much for the download. All I get is sound.Is there a way to get a picture also? am i doing something wrong?