Beginning and End Skit

bigbird

Reaction score
There was an unseen narrator illustrating the differeces between beginning and end. All I remember was a man eating a hot dog. Just before he started eating it, the man said "beginning". Then in fast motion, the man gobbled it down and the narrator appropriately says "end". I think there were other illustration too but i forgot...this was pretty funny though. Anyone remember the rest?

Andy

Reaction score
Hi, it's me, Andy. I know it's been a lonnnnnnnnnnng time, simply because I forgot I was a member. Anyway, on to the topic at hand:

Boy do I remember the hot dog "Beginning/End". I remember it because it used the American (?) Production Music cue, that I absolutely hate. There were two others I remember:

1. Kid getting a haircut. The music bed used here can be heard on both the DVD of DO NOT ADJUST YOUR SET during the "Captain Fantastic" installments, and DANGER MOUSE in the episode "The Bad Luck Eye of the Little Yellow God", when DM and Penfold find themselves about to be roughed up by a mob of angry sailors. This is probably because David Jason was both Captain Fantastic and DM.

2. The artist doing the painting outside. I actually liked this one. For one thing it was neat to watch the clouds move at that speed. It's something you can't always notice in real time. I also liked the music bed. Instead of it being cartoony, it was classical in nature with a harpsichord motif.

So now that I'm back, start seeing my name pop up on a few recent posts. I got a LOT to say!:smile:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There were at least two others.

1. One showed a mother making a sandwich for her daughter.
After beginning, the sped-up film showed her spreading mayo on the bread, adding tomatoes, cheese, lettuce, pickles, cold cuts, and everything but the kitchen sink. The finished sandwich was quite a sight to behold.

End- back to real-time, the daughter was going to shove this whole thing in her mouth, in spite of the fact that the sandwich was almost as big as her.

2. Kids lined up to go into a movie theatre. Couldn't see what's playing on the marquee, so your guess is as good as mine. Nice honky-tonk piano.
After beginning, the film and the piano music speed up, as the kids go rushing past the box office into the theatre.
End- the music slows down, the film returns to normal speed, one person left on line. Unfortunately now the theatre's packed and she can't get in. Better luck next time.

I enjoyed the other two you metioned, too. Although it made me uneasy watching the kid getting his Afro trimmed. When I was that age I used to HATE getting my hair cut. Still do.
Now my hair is down past my shoulders, and I'm way past the age of havingmy dad dragging me to the barbershop screaming and kicking. The world still needs a few hippies like me, and Mokeystar will be the first to tell you so.

The one where the artist is painting a fountain is beautiful, too. It's nice to watch the clouds speed by on time-lapse film. And since I've done some painting and filmmaking, I know it takes a long long LONG time! A 20-second clip like this (30 seconds tops) can take the better part of a day to film. That's dedication. But the end result is spectacular!

Andy

Reaction score
Forget what I said about why they used that cue on DANGER MOUSE, I watched the complete "Bad Luck Eye" episode, and you'll never guess which cue I had to endure when DM was trying to give the gem back to the natives, but here's a clue:

Snare drum roll, popping sounds, slide whistle intro.

I said to myself, "You gotta be kidding, this music is TOTALLY wrong for the environment, why couldn't they use DM's instrumental theme?". Needless to say, I ain't watching this episode again anytime soon!

clipjj27

Reaction score
Yes, I remember

Yes, I remember all five of those clips (to varying extents). In fact, they are on the list of those which I would like to see again after all these years of not having done so.

Also, the blonde gymnast from the 1970's demonstrated
'beginning' and 'end' by performing an uneven bars routine. Now that's a clip which I would really like to see again after all of these years! I even remember the music to that clip fairly well!

clipjj27

Reaction score
Yes, I remember

Yes, I remember all five of those clips (to varying extents). In fact, they are on the list of those which I would like to see again after all these years of not having done so.

Also, the blonde gymnast from the 1970's demonstrated
'beginning' and 'end' by performing an uneven bars routine. Now that's a clip which I would really like to see again after all of these years! I even remember the music to that clip fairly well!
Here's the link to all five segments - compiled into one video - on YouTube. Enjoy!