New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

mike short

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm an improv actor in the NYC area. I'm here with a real interest in performing, to a lesser extent building (I took a construction workshop at Lone Wolf Tribe in NYC). I also do cartooning, check out the Explorer Force tumblr link in my signature, and the other tumblr for everything else. I'm also putting together an improv show featuring a group of amateur puppeteers, improvising through the puppets. (Similar to Puppet Up, except they do short form games and we'll be doing longform, which is a different thing. We take one suggestion and then play different scenes all based off of that one thing. I'm kinda geeky about improv, so it's very important to me to explain the difference.) Anyway, that's my story.

gatorrose33

Reaction score
Hello all I am new to the forum and I love it can't wait to get more info on the pajanimals

BlakeMP

Reaction score
it was actually kind of funny. we got these fat envelopes in the mail from new york and were like "wow! marvel or dc noticed us! maybe they want us to pitch something!" but it was a huge stack of printouts of everything we had on cafepress and the covers of our comics w/ a cease and desist letter. it wasn't worth fighting and we got a cool new logo out of it from jim keplinger.

i appreciate the kind words for HHH from you guys.

while i will only be minimally involved in new HHH stuff, i forgot to mention earlier, we are brewing something up for zuda. don't have a script to draw from yet, but we're just playing it by ear...
Be sure to let me know when you've got something to announce, man. I'm an editor at Comixtreme.com and I co-host a comic podcast, I'd be happy to give you some coverage.

impala9564

Reaction score

Hey everyone!

I am just posting here to ask you guys to check out my posting under Muppet Collectibles, I have some questions that I really believe that you guys can help me with regarding my Muppet plush / puppet collection. Your experience with the Muppets could really be a blessing for me. Thanks for your time and help!

Your friend,

Jeremy
:crazy:

turkishproverb

Reaction score
it was actually kind of funny. we got these fat envelopes in the mail from new york and were like "wow! marvel or dc noticed us! maybe they want us to pitch something!" but it was a huge stack of printouts of everything we had on cafepress and the covers of our comics w/ a cease and desist letter. it wasn't worth fighting and we got a cool new logo out of it from jim keplinger.

i appreciate the kind words for HHH from you guys.

while i will only be minimally involved in new HHH stuff, i forgot to mention earlier, we are brewing something up for zuda. don't have a script to draw from yet, but we're just playing it by ear...
Can't wait to hear about it. Fun story though.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, we're getting in a lot of talented people lately!
:smile: Welcome everyone.

Kate

queen bork bork

Reaction score
Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue, Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn børk! børk! børk!" :hungry:

Hello all, I've been into the Muppets since the late 60s! Mum used to plonk me down in front of our B&W TV and I'd say to everyone, "Be quiet", as Sesame Street was about to start! I've followed The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock and the movies throughout the years but being from New Zealand, the TV stations didn't show a lot of other Jim Henson productions. So I've missed out on a lot of programs but hopefully I can up catch up with most of them as they're now coming out on DVD.

I have a particular effection for Camilla and of course The Swedish Chef:
but all of the Henson characters me laugh. I hope to post often!

missedith

Reaction score
Hi everyone....I just joined the forum today. I am new at this but I am sure I will enjoy all of you. I am Miss Edith; I have been working on starting a puppet theater and already have 13 puppets and am trying to script them. It will be non-profit just to entertain children and senior citizens. I made my debut at Christmas time for grand-nieces and nephews...my grandchildren were not there. I learned a lot.
I am supposed to have a partner but not too dependable and found it very difficult to
do it on my own. I am sure practice, practice practice will help but my voices and characters got mixed up and it is difficult to do two characters. Any ideas?

jacobmaraia

Reaction score
I feel like a sponge, soaking up the good vibes!

At last, a place to call home ...

I've been browsing around for awhile -- I'm not up on terminology when it comes to forums like this, so please forgive -- and I've been delighted to find an entire community of like-minded folks.

I'm a new puppet builder with a billion-and-a-half questions (like, "What does the inside of a Muppet's head look like exactly?) and just by reading through some of the posts on here I can tell that there's someone out there to help me.

Just wanted to say Howdy, and that I'm looking forward to sharing my new obsession with puppet-making with all of you.