Oscar's sidekicks by themselves

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Did you guys ever see an episode, when Slimey, Fluffy, or any of Oscar's other Animals or friends were seen, but Oscar wasn't? I remember this was usually the case when Big Bird was around and near Oscar's Trashcan. Since Carroll Spinney performs Big Bird and Oscar, they would sometimes have Slimey, Grungetta, Natasha or Fluffy interact with him instead, without Oscar being around. I remember Big Bird and Grungetta together in an episode from the 1984-1985 Season, when Grungetta and her Grouch Girlfriends were spending the day together, doing Grouchy Girl things. Big Bird came by in one scene to see what they were up to. I remember in the 1989-1990 Season, when Big Bird and Fluffy were doing excersizes together, and Fluffy stuck his trunk out of Oscar's Can and Oscar was nowhere in sight. I also remember Natasha being in Oscar's Can during a Season 20 show and Big Bird, Slimey, and Alice were all around her, and making some sort of Poster together for Maria's upcoming Baby (Gabriella) Anyways, do any of you remember any times when Oscar's Animals, or friends were seen without Oscar?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, Slimey gets quite a bit of airtime these days even when Oscar's not around. Let's see whatelse I can remember. There was Maria and Grungetta in the shoe store in one episode. I'll probably add more to the list later on.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
To make a Slight Correction. When I posted about Natasha in my Original Post I actually meant Oscar's Niece Irvine. But anyways Iv'e thought of some more.

In the 1989-1990 Season Snuffy and Alice both talked to Oscar's Dog Preposterous at the Beggining of an episode when they were talking about things that began with the letter P. Preposterous was outside of Oscar's Can, but Oscar was nowhere in sight.

In the 1990-1991 Season Uncle Wally kept trying to take Telly's picture, but throughout the entire episode, Telly kept finding something wrong right before Uncle Wally was about to take his picture. Like he had to sneeze, or scratch his back etc. at the very end of the episode just as Uncle Wally was about to take the picture. Slimey crawled up Telly's shoulder. Telly decided to stay that way and have Slimey in the picture with him.

In the 1990-1991 Season there was an episode where Irvine was a Birdkateer. I wonder what Oscar would have thought about that one.

10Cakes

Reaction score
In the video "I'm Glad I'm Me", Grundgetta is seen with Big Bird, but Oscar is nowhere in sight, if I remember correctly

Xerus

Reaction score
There was a time when Snuffy was looking for someone to play with when he saw Slimey sitting near Oscar's can alone. Smiley was a little nervous when he first saw Snuffy, but then saw Snuffy was friendly and they became friends.

And another time Grunghetta and an adult (I can't remember who) were shopping at a clothes store and they were greeted by the storekeeper who was Edith Prickley, played by Andrea Martin.

Olivia was taking pictures of Grunghetta until Herry came in giving everyone an environmental lecture about wasting water with a visual chart. But then Herry realized when he made the chart, he wasted paper. Grunghetta asked happily, "You mean it's trash?"

BEAR

Reaction score
Grungetta had a short scene with a kid in Follow That Bird.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I thing Grungie was one filling in for Oscar at his news paper stand.

muppetmania1980

Reaction score
the best side kick he ever had was his worm! lol that thing never left his side and he always had someone to talk to

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There was once a song where Bruno sang with a group of garbage men. People have told me it's called Put it in the Trash Can, but people at Muppet Wiki later questioned it, not being able to look up any songs with that title, and with none of us having any english copies of the song. But Bruno did appear without Oscar at least once.